Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wyspy22

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

Folks, Roku is in the middle of contract talks with MANY of your main apps/providers. Spectrum. YouTube TV, etc.

Spectrum app was dropped, found that out from Spectrum AFTER the contract ran out with no agreement.

YouTube TV at least ran a scroll similar to those you see from cable providers and tv stations. 

Roku will repost this same canned response because there IS NO FIX while contract negotiations are going on. 

It's all about the $$$$

0 Kudos
Wyspy22

Jump to solution

YouTube and YouTube TV are in negotiations with Roku to continue to carry their content.

Spectrum channel was dropped completely from their line up when negotiations went past the deadline. No warning to the viewers..just poof, channel can not load..

Think I will check out Chrome or Fire going forward since my understanding is that Roku want a 30% increase on their new contracts..and hold us hostage when they can't get it.

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Your post makes zero sense. Since the problem is limited to a small set of customers, it’s a bug. If it were about the money, every Roku user would be affected.

The problem seems limited to the newer Roku Express, which uses a newer technical architecture (Realtek). That is likely the root of the issue.

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Spectrum channel is back.

https://www.roku.com/blog/spectrum-tv-app-roku

Chrome and Fire also negotiate with their channel providers; so do cable systems. Everyone can drop a channel that doesn’t want to pay a fair price to be on the platform.

The reason you can get a Roku device so cheaply is due to those channel fees.

0 Kudos
MKnCO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I am still having the issue loading the Sling channel on my Roku. My model is 3931RW - Roku Express+. My serial number is X0040085HDPN. My device ID is S0123025HDPN.  Software version is 10.0.0 build 4209-AE.

I've been having this problem for almost 2 weeks. I've tried checking the system for updates as your instructions suggested and it never works. Please let me know what can be done as Sling is an important channel that we watch almost every day. 

Thanks!

Michelle

0 Kudos
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Michelle,

I read changing the Theme and Screen Saver fixed it. So I tried it and it worked for me. No Sling was my problem also.

Hope this works for you too.

Tom

0 Kudos
MKnCO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey Tom,

Is there a specific theme/wallpaper that should be used? I just tried changing it to something different than what I had before and Sling is still not working.

Thanks,

Michelle 

0 Kudos
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m not sure which theme I used, and I’m not home right now. I did use the clock screen saver. It’s a black screen with the time on it. When I get home I will look it up the theme 

0 Kudos
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Michelle,

I looked at my settings…

Theme:   Fall Season: Night

ScreenSaver:  Roku Digital Clock

Hope this helps 

Tom A.

mj4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku Forum Moderator,

Please provide an update for the issue effecting the Roku express + users that are unable to use channels due to the error: channel could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.

This problem has been ongoing for more than 3 weeks now.

If Roku is unable to resolve this issue please let us know so we can move on to another hardware solution.

Why is Roku not providing any updates?

Thanks,

MJ4

0 Kudos