Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly needs closed caption on retro reels.

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Elderly needs closed caption on retro reels.

@Sharonh77042 

Please note that actually describing the issue in the text box is much better than relying on simply a title.

I'm assuming you're using the Retro Reels app that is developed by Marchant Media, and is a subscription service.

You didn't state what steps you've taken, so bear with us as we try to help.

Have you ensured that the Roku settings on your device do have captions enabled?

Finally, be aware that much of the content the app/service offers is really old and probably public domain. The service might not be providing captions for them.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kristen1
Reel Rookie

Hi, I am also having the same issue after purchasing the retro reels app. There is no closed captioning available on the app itself and yes my Roku settings are closed captioning enabled but that doesn't seem to do anything in this case. I don't know how to get in touch with retro reals but maybe Roku can contact them and ask for it to be made available?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kristen1

Thanks for the post.

As @DBDukes mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos