Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USVeteran
Level 7

Disney Plus channel issue after latest update

This is absolutely ridiculous! No streaming of Disney+ since their new upgrade! Which they apparently forgot to check to see if it worked with Roku? Now they need to fix that and make a patch with Roku techs? Now Roku techs are having problems with their own upgrades? You'd think they all would have tried out the New software Upgrades in-house before releasing it to the public so customers wouldn't lose service and get upset over the holidays. Especially those of us who have kids and only have Roku and now cable!!!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
OwnerofDevices
Level 11

Re: Disney Plus channel issue after latest update

I don't think that there is a good time for software updates. Updating an operating system is unavoidable job. Fortunately, for myself the updates generally don't cause me any pain or grief. I have had Roku products for 3 years and counting. 

0 Kudos
USVeteran
Level 7

I guess you are lucky. I've been on the phone with techs at Disney Plus who are trying to solve their new software update that isn't working with Roku and trying to find a fix and now Roku has put out a warning that their new update is effecting certain Roku models and their working on a fix as well! 

I just bought a new Roku thinking it would fix the Disney Plus issue and didn't help any of the issues going on! 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Level 11

I guess I am lucky. Good luck with Disney Support. I own 3 TVs, a streaming soundbar, and a subwoofer. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

About a week into my first full-time adult job, we had a meeting where a VP was talking about quality and "doing it right the first time".  As we walked out of the meeting, I remember one manager saying to another: "What a bunch of BS.  They don't pay me to do it right the first time. They pay me to whip out a release as fast as I can, and then to form a tiger team to put out all the fires caused by releasing it before it was ready!"

That was 40 years ago and it never really changed.  Engineering always wants time to find and fix more bugs.  Management always wants it shipped last week.  From the number of threads, I'd say that engineering didn't push back enough this time.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Is there any error message or code when you access the channel? is there any other channel that has the same issue?

We suggest removing, power cycling the Roku device, and re-add the channel. For more information on how to remove the channel here is the link for you How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
RL7836
Level 7

<<Is there any error message or code when you access the channel? is there any other channel that has the same issue?>>

Both Disney Plus & ESPN Plus have the issue for us but only on our Roku TCL TVs (Amazon Fire TV is fine). When attempting to sign in on ESPN Plus, the screen flashes and then shows a screen reading "Unable to generate a registration code".

Other streaming channels function normally (ie: Netflix, Prime, etc).

0 Kudos