Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jehova177
Level 8

Disney Plus and Hulu app not working.

In recent days my Disney Plus and Hulu and anything related to Roku app on my Westinghouse Roku tv does not work/connect but every other app such as tubio cbs sports pbs kids etc do work. Can someone help or explain why this is happening. Thanks 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney+ and hulu app not working.

Hello @Jehova177

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Are you getting an error code or message? 

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Jehova177
Level 8

I will try and get back to you thank you. Hopefully it works. 

Jcooke
Level 7

@RokuKariza-D @ Hi. I am having the same problem. I have tried those steps and it still saying "you are not connected to the internet. Please reconnect and try again". I have checked my connection and I am connected. My other apps are working fine

0 Kudos
Jcooke
Level 7

@RokuKariza-D @Jehova177 

I fixed it. This is how:

1) I deleted the Discovery+ channel from my Roku

2) I logged into my Discovery+ account from my computer. Went to account and then "managed devices". Found the one that said "Roku" and deleted that one. 

3) went back to my Roku and added the Discovery+ channel back. And then it finally gave me the login screen. 

It's working fine now. 

0 Kudos
Jehova177
Level 8

Hey there I tried what you said and it doesn’t work still. 

0 Kudos
Jehova177
Level 8

Hey I am using my phone as a hotspot and never had issues until recently. The other apps work fine but not disney+ or hulu. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jehova177

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-are you seeing an error message on screen. if so, what does it say

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos