Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ladocm
Reel Rookie

Bypass Mode on SiriusXM channel

For the last couple of days, I have to login each time I go to the SiriusXM channel. I get a message that says I am in Bypass Mode, which allows me to use the application although some settings and preferences are unavailable. Basically, nothing is being saved, which is why I have to login each time. I can't figure out whether this message is coming from Roku or from SiriusXM, but this isn't happening with any of my other channels. I tried deleting and re-adding the channel, but it didn't solve the problem. Does anyone know what this is about and how to solve it?

43 REPLIES 43
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bypass Mode on SiriusXM channel

I can't find anything on the net re SirusXM Bypass mode, and I've never seen a Bypass Mode indiction on any  other Roku app.

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ccagle
Reel Rookie

I'm having the exact same problem.  Started two days ago for me, too.  I tried removing the channel, rebooting, and reinstalling Sirius XM.  Didn't work.  Still in Bypass Mode.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Roku and Sirius XM app in Bypass mode

I just purchased a roku streaming stick+ and am having an issue with the Sirius XM APP in by pass mode.  It allows me to install, however it doesn't let me access my favorites, add to favorites or save my login information.

I have already contacted sirius and restarted the roku in settings and reinstall the XM app. Could this stick have a glitch with XM as it is the only issue that I have encountered?

I have another roku which works fine on the same TV and other TV's.

Reporting the same issue with a new out of the box Roku Ultra, remove the app multiple  times,  restart with no Sirius app. Ver 10.5.0 on roku and ver 2.2 build 2 for Sirius XM. Other Roku's at home working with no problems!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku and Sirius XM app in Bypass mode

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
duanelinn
Reel Rookie

Same here. I didn't try anything to sort it. 

0 Kudos
ladocm
Reel Rookie

Thanks makaiguy for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. I removed the channel then did a system restart before adding the channel again. Still in Bypass Mode.

0 Kudos
ccagle
Reel Rookie

It didn't work for me either.  Spent an hour chatting with tech support.  They couldn't solve it immediately but said they would research and get back to me.

0 Kudos
ladocm
Reel Rookie

Thanks ccagle! Let us know what you find out.

0 Kudos