Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sshell78
Reel Rookie

Britbox not available in my country

Why am I suddenly getting a message that britbox is not available in my country?  I am in the US and pay for a britbox subscription.  What is going on? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: Britbox not available in my country

That shouldn’t have anything to do with your Roku. Try restarting your Roku, modem and router 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Some (all?) of these channel apps determine your location by the IP number assigned to you by your internet provider.

You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see where the IP number assigned by your internet provider indicates you are located.

If this doesn't represent your actual area, and you are not connecting to the internet via a VPN that masks your actual IP, contact your internet provider and ask to be reassigned an IP in your area.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

It could be a messed up setup, with account set up in wrong country and there is a UK version of britbox and a US version of britbox in respective channel stores.

Check account is set up for US and britbox installed from us channel store (check if peacock is available )

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos