Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlewis49
Level 7

Apps appearing and disappearing.

Lately I have noticed that apps that I didn't choose have showed up on my menu. Also, apps that I did load have disappeared or been cancelled without my input. I have received emails that several of the paid subscriptions that I have been cancelled without my input. So far, I have been able to reload the app or renew the subscription without too much hassle; though I did have to spend over an hour rebooting YouTube because I had misplaced the password.
What is really worrying me is that if a subscription like You Tube TV were to be cancelled by this glitch, it would cause actual damage. I would lose everything I had recorded on their DVR. What is going on??? Do I need to switch to another streaming method?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Strega
Level 16

Re: Apps appearing and disappearing.

I would suggest logging into to your account (at roku.com) and seeing if the Rokus listed there match your expectations.  A simple explanation would be that there are one or more Rokus on your account than you know about.

ie: a channel added or deleted from one Roku on an account, affects all Rokus on that account.