Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary1001
Level 7

10.5 causes Paramount to fail

Up until their 10.5 update I never had problem with Romulo but now ALL three of my devices will not play Paramount when a commercial plays.  The device just stops and will not continue.  Since I am a former developer, it’s obvious the software people DID NOT TEST THEIR revisions.  It just astounds me how these young developers are soooo incompetent.

Tags (1)
43 REPLIES 43\
Musoka
Level 10

Re: 10.5 causes Paramount to fail

Tell me, are you adjusting your home network and setting your own dns somehow? Or perhaps using a pihole? We've (technical users, not the Roku people) found a common thread of failed primary dns servers in one way or another over on a Disney Plus 10.5 thread. The amount of time so many things have been broken on 10.5 I'm truly astounded they aren't offering a path back to 10.0. My tv finally worked fine for once on that firmware. I'm super curious about your DNS setup though. Roku staff likely has me muted by now but hopefully someone is investigating what changed in dns protocols on 10.5. 

0 Kudos
Musoka
Level 10

My rough feeling without any proper data after extensive conversations with other users is that roku is either- not switching to a secondary dns server. Or, it doesn't like internal dns addresses set as the DNS server due to some fark up over there. 

dragonboots2005
Level 10

I've had this problem since early October and have not done anything to fix it or so it seems.  I may ditch Roku over this.  If incompetence & apathy to customer service is their new norm, I'm out.  

ellen-l
Level 9

I have not had any issues with Paramount Network nor Paramount+ with any of the three devices I use.

Devices are connected to two different routers, no advanced network configurations.

TCL Roku TV 7105X, 10.5.0 build 4208-30
Streambar 9102R, 10.5.0 build 4201-95
Roku 3 4200X, 10.5.0 build 4208-04

0 Kudos
SteveHC1
Level 9

- Neither have I; for Me Paramount+ is working PERFECTLY on both sticks and Ultra. When it comes to properly and smoothly delivering commercials via iptv, there are SO many factors involved that EASILY Roku may not be to blame for all or even most screw-ups. In fact, I personally have seen problems w/commercials over iptv streaming occur on all relevant channels and devices REGARDLESS of brand. The grass ALWAYS tends to *seem* greener “on the other side”… but it usually isn’t…

0 Kudos
randys
Level 7

Is HDR working for you on the Roku and Paramount+?

Did for me until 3 days ago, now the titles that say they are in HDR like
Clifford The Big Red Dog
Paranormal Next of Kin
Infinite

Are not in HDR, please advise.  BTW mine does show in the info section of the show or movie that it is HDR but when I play it with my new Samsung and I check the picture settings it should say HDR and does not.  It did until 3 days ago.

0 Kudos
ericmpls4427
Level 7

Paramount + will not play

Paramount + freezes after playing ads. Tried removing and reinstalling channel. Works fine on iPhone

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Level 10

Roku & Paramount Plus App Issue

I've about had it with these 2 companies.  For the past 2 MONTHS I cannot get Paramount+ fixed.  It messes up on the ad breaks and a majority of the time it will displya 'content unavailable - try again later.' I've made multiple phone calls & emails to Paramount and have tried to get Roku's attention on these freaking forums because you can't really reach them otherwise.  If they will not intervene & make Paramount+ fix this issue, I'm done with both of them.  Terrible customer service.  It should not take 2 months and counting for this issue to be corrected.  Wake up P+ & Roku or I'm gone forever after 6+ years.  Ridiculous.  

dragonboots2005
Level 10

Mine was failing starting in early October with the same issue.  Here it is 2 months later and the problem still exists.  I cancelled P+ but use a friends acct. now.  Virtually unwatchable.  Roku & P+ are showing  massive incompetence over this and they owe us an explantion but they don't respond or show any indication that they are aware of the issue.  A- holes