Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guitarz6
Level 8

0027 E-Token Is Corrupted? ESPN, A&E, and National Geographic

Getting the message in the Subject line on numerous channels including ESPN, A&E, and National Geographic.  Tried updating the channels and the system software - no go.  This has been going on for about a week or so.

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 0027 E-Token Is Corrupted?

If you haven't restarted your Roku that's the first thing to try.  Just unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in.  Restarting your network equipment is also a good idea - gateway/modem/router.

This is one of those problems where I wonder if the "clear the cache" procedure would help.

Using your Roku remote press Home 5 times, Up arrow once, Rewind (<<) twice, and FF (>>) twice.  If you do it properly your Roku device will restart on its own after several seconds.  Once it restarts check for updates from Settings->System->System update.

Let us know if it helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SpamFish
Level 7

I too am getting the same error and I cleared my cache which did not help. Are there any updates?

0 Kudos
renojim

Did you restart all of your network equipment? 

If it's only happening on one channel/app, remove the channel (highlight it on the Home Screen, press * on your remote, choose remove channel), restart the Roku device from Settings->System->System restart (restart may be located under Settings->System->Power), and add the channel again from the channel store.

0 Kudos
Mfrye05
Level 7

I am having the same issues on AE app. I have restarted and checked for updates restarted router and modem etc. Still not working and getting the error.  

0 Kudos
renojim

I saw something in a thread about the AMC channel that probably isn't related, but since that solution was something I never would have thought of it's worth trying here.  Under Settings->Privacy->Advertising there's a choice to "Reset advertising identifier".  I'd be really surprised if it had an effect, but it doesn't hurt to try.

0 Kudos
JaySkee
Level 7

Tried everything that’s been posted,but still corrupted,and it’s only the history chn.

0 Kudos
Sweetri
Level 7

I have DTV. I had to sign out the app and delete reinstall and sign back in. Omg with I would have know this earlier but I am working again 

BreeannahB
Level 7

@Sweetri wrote:

I have DTV. I had to sign out the app and delete reinstall and sign back in. Omg with I would have know this earlier but I am working again 

This worked!!! Thank you . Had to unlink direct tv first 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

JaySkee
Level 7

This actually worked!

thanks!

0 Kudos