Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cloveless
Channel Surfer

Wireless indoor cameras not playing back recorded events

My camera keeps freezing up when trying to play event recordings. I’ve rebooted the cameras, removed/reinstalled the app, live stream is fine so I know it’s not WiFi, but rebooted the modems just in case. Was there ever a resolution to this?!? I can’t seem to find any and the most recent updates (app & firmware) definitely didn’t help or made it worse. The closest subjects to this topic say that the issues were resolved, but have pages of users replying that it hasn’t been. As far as I can tell, this would be an issue with Roku’s cloud storage considering that is where I believe these “events” videos are suppose to be saved. Anyone plan on looking into that to maybe fix the issues? 

1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless indoor cameras not playing back recorded events

Hi @Cloveless.

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

This is not the experience we want you to have regarding your issues with the Roku Smart Home camera but no worries, we'd be more than happy to give help.

We need to gather more information first before we proceed:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue?
  • Is the camera freezing during live streaming or is the playback on the Roku Smart Home app of events freezing?
  • Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward for your response.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos