Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmoreira

Wireless Doorbell Black Screen Video

Having the same issue here. Doorbell video worked fine for about a week then nothing but black screen when I use app for live feed. I reset the unit last night and it worked again, but just tried live feed and black screen again. Roku app up to date and firmware 5.2.0.17. Please help as I also trashed original box.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless Doorbell No Video or Pic - will not connect

Hi @rmoreira,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this. As we can see from your post, you're having an error playing the live feed on your Roku Doorbell. Let's try to fix this by following the steps below. Here are some of the steps you can perform.

• Lower the image quality: Change the image from HD to a lower quality that requires less Wi-Fi bandwidth to stream to your mobile device. Be aware that the image recorded to your album will remain in HD quality.
  • Restart your smart home device: From the Settings menu for the camera or doorbell having the issue, tap Restart and wait a moment to try again.
  • Check your mobile device: Open the settings for your phone or tablet and make sure it is not in a battery saving mode.
  • Power off other cameras: If you have several Roku cameras connected to Wi-Fi, it may cause a live stream to load slowly. Unplug or power off every camera except the one having the issue. If the quality of the live stream improves, plug your other cameras back in one by one.
  • Check your network: Try streaming video on another device on your network (e.g., smartphone, laptop). If you see similar behavior on the other device, check out some tips for improving the Wi-Fi network connection in your home.
  • Restart your network: Reset your network devices including your cable, fiber, or DSL modem and your Wi-Fi router. Allow several moments for all devices to restart before trying again.
  • Move your Wi-Fi router or device: Move your camera or doorbell or your router* so that both devices are closer and the Wi-Fi signal is stronger.

We hope this works!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Treysowell

Re: Wireless Doorbell Black Screen Video

I am having the same issue, have you had any luck resolving it?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless Doorbell Black Screen Video

Hi @Treysowell,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you please tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuTakashi?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out!
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos