Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Local_Ghost
Reel Rookie

Why is there no continuous recording options?

Jump to solution

When I first realized that there is no options for continuous recording on the doorbell or the 360 cam it really didn't matter to me and I just figured out of site out of mind. 

Well, a few days ago a serious crime occurred in site line of both of my cameras. The authorities were ecstatic due to the fact I had two separate points of view for them. (One of which we were hoping would actually be following the suspect.)

Unfortunately for them and for my personal ego, none of the actual crime was recorded do to the fact the camera stops recording no matter what at a certain time after it starts recording. Had there been an option to record continuously and I had it turned on, the authorities would not being having issues right now finding out who murdered the person in front of my house. I guess if you are rooting for the bad guy then you guys shouldn't change a thing, but if you are rooting for the victim of the senseless crime id consider adding an option for continuous recording..... Especially for those who pay for the subscription like myself. 

Just food for thought. 

Your friendly neighborhood Local Ghost
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is there no continuous recording options?

Jump to solution

Hello! @Local_Ghost,

Your post was truly appreciated,

Thank you for contacting us about continuous recording. We are happy to help you.

A micro SD card provides physical storage for your Roku® Smart Home camera, letting you back up your event recordings and capture your continuous, scheduled, and time-lapse recordings. You can view some of these recordings from the Roku Smart Home mobile app, but with others, you need to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer or laptop.

This article provides more details about using a micro SD card with your smart home camera and teaches you how to back up and access your recordings. How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home camera

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to us, @Cjohns910910!

We understand that you're having an issue with continuous recordings and SD card options. We're here for assistance.  

Please be advised that having a Roku Smart Home Subscription will let the cameras and doorbells record once they detect motion or sound. It will automatically saved in the cloud for 14 days. 

Continuous recording only saves up to 1-minute video clips for as long as the camera is connected to power. When the storage is full, the oldest files are overwritten to make room for new video clips. Continuous recordings can only be saved to a micro SD card, but as of now, SD cards can't be installed on our Roku Doorbells and  Outdoor Camera SE. It's only available for Roku Smart Home cameras that include Indoor Camera SE, Indoor Wired Camera, and Outdoor Wired Camera.

For additional information, you can visit our support page here: How to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

We hope this clears things out. Just let the Community know if you need help.

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Local_Ghost,

Your post was truly appreciated,

Thank you for contacting us about continuous recording. We are happy to help you.

A micro SD card provides physical storage for your Roku® Smart Home camera, letting you back up your event recordings and capture your continuous, scheduled, and time-lapse recordings. You can view some of these recordings from the Roku Smart Home mobile app, but with others, you need to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer or laptop.

This article provides more details about using a micro SD card with your smart home camera and teaches you how to back up and access your recordings. How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home camera

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cjohns910910
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The video doorbell doesn't even have an SD card....try again!

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to us, @Cjohns910910!

We understand that you're having an issue with continuous recordings and SD card options. We're here for assistance.  

Please be advised that having a Roku Smart Home Subscription will let the cameras and doorbells record once they detect motion or sound. It will automatically saved in the cloud for 14 days. 

Continuous recording only saves up to 1-minute video clips for as long as the camera is connected to power. When the storage is full, the oldest files are overwritten to make room for new video clips. Continuous recordings can only be saved to a micro SD card, but as of now, SD cards can't be installed on our Roku Doorbells and  Outdoor Camera SE. It's only available for Roku Smart Home cameras that include Indoor Camera SE, Indoor Wired Camera, and Outdoor Wired Camera.

For additional information, you can visit our support page here: How to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

We hope this clears things out. Just let the Community know if you need help.

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos