Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillyKokomo
Channel Surfer

Where to install micro SD card - camera or base station?

I have an Roku Outdoor Wireless camera with a base station.  Both have micro SD slots.  Which one should I use?  What are the benefits of using the camera versus the base stations micro SD storage?

2 REPLIES 2
Claytn74

Re: Where to install micro SD card - camera or base station?

I too am trying to get an answer on this topic.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where to install micro SD card - camera or base station?

I would say try it both ways and report back.  My experience with the wireless outdoor camera has been pretty dismal.  I don't think I ever got it to record anything other than a recording initiated by me with the card in either place.  Now, the camera doesn't detect motion unless I wave my hand right in front of the lens, so it's definitely not recording anything.  I did note that I couldn't set up a timelapse recording unless the card was in the camera which is pretty annoying since I'm not going out to the camera to retrieve the card when I want to view it and there's no way to view it without removing the card.  I don't know if my camera is defective or not, but I haven 't had the time to explore all of its shortcomings and there seem to be many.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos