Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserWho

Re: Viewing playback on Roku cameras

Jump to solution

I am another Wyze user who bought some Roku cameras and expected them to function the same. Definitely not going with a camera brand that does not allow me to watch all the footage recorded to my camera on the native app. I'll be looking for ways to repurpose the Roku cameras I have. Hopefully I don't have to just throw them away!

hackztor
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku, this is not about syncing local playback up to cloud just a live view of it. Every company has this functionality (that has a sd card included). Cloud should be for the motion/car/animal clips and live sd card for 24/7 recording. Sometimes motion and the others is not enough. Noone is gonna go up on ladder to remove card, look then go back up AND readjust angle. Wyze does it so why would you remove a feature?

kitnaMae
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

"We currently don't have an option to sync the recorded videos from the SD card to the Roku Mobile App's cloud." 

I purchased a cheap, unknown-brand camera from Walmart that provides this function.
With a subscription or an SD card, I can scroll back to whatever time I wish.
Without having to take the SD card out; without a recorded motion or sound to take place.
This is a very important feature.
If it's not provided shortly... I will be switching to a company that does have this ability. 

You guys are behind and should improve your app if this is the case.
Everyone else seems to have figured it out. 

Amie1

Jump to solution

Come on guys catch up! Even my cheap Chinese wifi security lightbulb has a recording and playback feature thru an sd card only.. would love these cameras if they had that feature. But what good are they without it? Who in their right mind is gonna take the time to review something fast by taking it out and going and playing it on a computer?! Y'all can do better

Jump to solution

I'll be switching back to wyze myself. Useful SD playback swapped for tv viewing? NO thanks. I don't like interrupting my TV programming to check my camera anyway. Much more convenient, to just check my phone. What a waste of an opportunity to create and have a new customer base. 

Bvollor

Jump to solution

I have a cart worth $500 and I am not purchasing if this issue isn’t fixed. I bought one camera to try it out. I love the quality and everything was going great. I bought a pack of SD cards for when I buy more cameras and then I find I can’t even watch back the footage without taking out the card that’s ridiculous. The only reason for this is because you guys want people to pay $10 a month to use your cloud. I will not be fully investing til this is fixed!

0 Kudos
kitnaMae
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I purchased the cloud and even with that... you can't playback footage... only the 'events' that get recorded. So don't buy Roku cams. I am swimming in regret and trust me... I have been telling everyone!