Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Videos Not Recording to Outdoor SE Camera SD Card

Jump to solution

I have the wireless Outdoor SE camera. I've formatted the SD card but videos are not recording to the camera SD card or base memory card. I also have 2 indoor cameras. The videos are recording to those SD card just fine. If I want to save video from the outdoor camera I have to download the video to my device. Anyone know why my videos may not be going to the memory card on the outdoor camera or the base? Any help is appreciated. They all take the same card. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Videos Not Recording to Outdoor SE Camera SD Card

Jump to solution

Hi @huntmarv,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your Roku Wireless Outdoor Camera SE not recording. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Check if your Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up-to-date.
  2. Ensure that detect motion and detect sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  3. Ensure there are no event recording schedules.
  4. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  5. Ensure that there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect when Event Recordings take place.
  6. Ensure that the camera is connected and receiving good Wi-Fi.
  7. Restart camera.
  8. Restart the Roku Smart Home app.

Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @huntmarv,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your Roku Wireless Outdoor Camera SE not recording. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Check if your Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up-to-date.
  2. Ensure that detect motion and detect sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  3. Ensure there are no event recording schedules.
  4. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  5. Ensure that there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect when Event Recordings take place.
  6. Ensure that the camera is connected and receiving good Wi-Fi.
  7. Restart camera.
  8. Restart the Roku Smart Home app.

Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying. Everything is correct but 1. I'll set sensitivity to 100 and restart the camera and app. Sorry for the late reply. My wife was injured. We have horrible neighbors with a lot of drug activity, methamphetamine. 2 of the women jumped my wife and battered her. I couldn't do anything according to Indiana law so I recorded with my phone camera. I'm now being accused of battery. By one of the women. That's how high they were. I was recording the entire incident and the reporting officer never looked at my video or he would have known they gave false information to police. It's a much longer story or I would give full details. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if there are problems. 

0 Kudos
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Guess what? There is no restart device or camera option with the outdoor wireless SE camera. If you don't know what you're doing just say so. I'll gladly take a refund for everything I bought. This is not the first time I have gotten bad information. The only cams that have restart camera are the indoor cams. Either know what you're talking about or give me a complete refund on everything I purchased. I'm not trying to be rude but I can get better security that actually works. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @huntmarv,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

To restart the camera, open the weatherproof cover at the back and slide the power switch off. Wait for a moment before switching it back on. This process won't disconnect the camera from Wi-Fi or remove it from your Roku account.

Refer to our support page: How to set up your Roku Outdoor Camera SE

Please keep us posted on how it goes

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
olderguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My new ROKU outdoor camera SE will not record any "events". Even if I stand in front of it and wave my arms all I get is a live picture, no "events". I'm on day 8 of the "14 day free trial" but it has not recorded anything in those 8 days. I don't think the "free trial" is working. Will I be forced to buy a monthly subscription that I'm not sure I need ? I bet ROKU will try to do just that. If I log on to my ROKU account and try to get help the little circle just spins around-and-around-and-around-and around...what a waste of $ and time to buy this, set it up outside and try to make it work. I'm taking this junk back to Walmart for a refund next week.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @olderguy,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out. We understand, and we really do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Could you tell us more about this? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far so that we can provide you with the next steps?

With more information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I got the issue taken care of. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've done everything. The only cameras that record to the SD card are the indoor 360 and the other 24 dollar indoor camera. Possibly my outdoor SE wireless camera videos are being sent to one of the indoor camera SD cards. Perhaps this is something your engineers need to work on. I have the proper cards and they are formatted. The only way I see that I can save video is to download them from the app and save the videos to my Google photos account and or Amazon photos account. Thanks. I'm good though. I'm getting what I need from them. 

Marvin

0 Kudos