Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marshmello1960
Reel Rookie

Status light showing recording but nobody known is checking the camera

Jump to solution

For a month or so I’ve noticed that at random times my living room camera will change from the blue status light to red status light for recording/ live viewing but only me and my fiancé have access to login info as far as I’m aware unless someone hacked my camera but the light can stay blue for a day or two or some days every hour or two it changes to red and neither my or my fiancé have our phones on us they’re in our bedroom so how can I tell if I’ve been hacked and if so how can I fix that because I did change my password but it didn’t help

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Status light showing recording but nobody known is checking the camera

Jump to solution

Hi @danerenberg ,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with the status lights showing on your camera. No worries, we're here for assistance. 

Please be advised that if you see a solid red light on the camera after it is set up, it indicates that someone is currently viewing the live stream or recording. On the other hand, if you notice a red flashing light, it means that the siren is being used. However, if the camera shows a red status light even if nobody is viewing the live stream, not recording or the siren is not in use, please let us know with the following details:

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Could you please clarify whether the light is flashing or if it is a solid light?
  • Does a simple restart/power cycle fix the issue?
  • Did you encounter any problems with the smart home app's notifications, live stream, or video recordings?

You can check out this article to learn more about the status of the light on your Roku Smart Home device. 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @danerenberg ,

Thank you for sharing the details with us as we monitor the issue with the status lights showing on your camera.

As stated in the previous post, if the camera's light is solid red, it means either the camera is recording or someone is viewing the live stream. If it's not showing any light, it means that your camera is not recording or the siren is not in use.

We suggest you do a system restart by navigating Home > tap the Camera's name > Settings > Restart Camera

In the meantime, as you're not experiencing any issues with notifications, live streams, or video recordings, kindly keep on monitoring your camera. 

Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience. If the issue persists or if you experience any issues in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always happy to assist. 

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @Marshmello1960,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We are happy to assist you with the light status showing in your Indoor Camera.

What the light means during the setup process

During setup-Status 

• RED: Solid-powered on and beginning setup
  • RED: Flashing- Ready to connect
  • RED and BLUE: Flashing- Connecting to Wi-Fi
  • BLUE: Flashing-Connected and finishing setup

What the light means after the setup process during everyday use.

After setup-Status 

• BLUE: Solid-Connected and working
  • RED: Solid-Viewing a live stream or recording in progress (This includes Motion recording)
  • RED: Quickly flashing- Siren in use

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GN1988
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue as well. I have the indoor camera se and it’s all been set up. After couple of months later I noticed the solid red light coming intermittently lasting few seconds from solid blue light indicating that either someone is watching/recording but I don’t have subscription for recording and neither my wife and I have been using our phone to check at those times. I really feel like Roku needs to address this issue seriously because it sort of leads to think that our account is hacked, (especially changing our passwords) which is not safe.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GN1988,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for flagging this, and we'd like to see more on what's going on here.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far?
  • Does a simple restart fix the issue?

Tell us more about this so that we can provide you with the appropriate next steps.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ajf82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are having the same issues, I have several cameras and started noticing it on one then several of the others. I talked to Roku but they were not much help. I have changed my password several times. I have started turning off all my cameras and just checking on them for a few seconds at a time. I don’t have a subscription either. This is freaking me out bc makes me think someone is watching us. 

0 Kudos
MrsThomas

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Has anyone had this problem resolved? 

0 Kudos
MrsThomas

Jump to solution

Did you get an answer or do I need to get a new camera system?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing with us additional information about this.

Please be advised that this has been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team, which is currently investigating it.

We'll make sure to update this thread once information becomes available.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GN1988
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bought the product sometime last year and my wife started noticing this issue about a month ago (we didn’t pay attention that much then). We restarted/rebooted the camera and changed password but issue still remains. We noticed this happens only when the camera is on (solid blue light on) position. So therefore we turned off most of the time and turn on only when we need to. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Marshmello1960
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I never got an answer sadly 

0 Kudos