Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Status light showing recording but nobody known is checking the camera

Jump to solution

Hi @danerenberg ,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with the status lights showing on your camera. No worries, we're here for assistance. 

Please be advised that if you see a solid red light on the camera after it is set up, it indicates that someone is currently viewing the live stream or recording. On the other hand, if you notice a red flashing light, it means that the siren is being used. However, if the camera shows a red status light even if nobody is viewing the live stream, not recording or the siren is not in use, please let us know with the following details:

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Could you please clarify whether the light is flashing or if it is a solid light?
  • Does a simple restart/power cycle fix the issue?
  • Did you encounter any problems with the smart home app's notifications, live stream, or video recordings?

You can check out this article to learn more about the status of the light on your Roku Smart Home device. 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
danerenberg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • When did you start seeing the issue occur?

I have only seen this one time. When I looked it up online, this is the thread that I found. My status lights are turned off and I should not see any lights on the camera ever.

• Could you please clarify whether the light is flashing or if it is a solid light?

It was a solid red light.

• Does a simple restart/power cycle fix the issue?

I did not try to restart or power cycle the device. The red light turned off on its own and has not come back.

• Did you encounter any problems with the smart home app's notifications, live stream, or video recordings?

no, not that I’m aware of.

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @danerenberg ,

Thank you for sharing the details with us as we monitor the issue with the status lights showing on your camera.

As stated in the previous post, if the camera's light is solid red, it means either the camera is recording or someone is viewing the live stream. If it's not showing any light, it means that your camera is not recording or the siren is not in use.

We suggest you do a system restart by navigating Home > tap the Camera's name > Settings > Restart Camera

In the meantime, as you're not experiencing any issues with notifications, live streams, or video recordings, kindly keep on monitoring your camera. 

Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience. If the issue persists or if you experience any issues in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always happy to assist. 

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos