Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMAC2

Smart home camera went off line last night

my Smart Home camera went off-line last night, and I have been unable to access it since.  I know there was some kind of systemwide problem. Is there anything I can do remotely as I am not near that camera and it is mounted?

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Smart home camera went off line last night

@TMAC2

Thanks for the post.

At this time, we would recommend power cycling the Roku Smart Home camera to see if you are able to reconnect the camera.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jduffie01
Channel Surfer

My Roku camera goes offline every single day. Every day I unplug it and plug it back in and it works for about 12 hours and goes offline again. I have a strong Internet connection and my phone and Wi-Fi box work fine I don’t know what the problem is.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Jduffie01 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? When you state the camera is going offline, is the Roku Smart Home Camera powering off, or is it disconnecting from your wireless network? How far is the camera from your wireless router?

With more detailed information, we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jduffie01
Channel Surfer

Thank you. It disconnected from the wireless network. It’s about six feet from the router. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jduffie01 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing. It looks you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to our Support team who will reach out and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andree70

My indoor cameras continue to go offline. We have to unplug them and reset them almost daily. It is frustrating! I have the cameras to keep an eye on my epileptic dog. My one camera is maybe 4 feet from the router. The other one is 20 feet or so.  They both go offline randomly! I am beyond frustrated 😠 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Andree70 

Welcome to the Roku Community an thanks for posting regarding the issue you are seeing with your Roku Smart Home Indoor Cameras going offline.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your cameras and then seeing if the issue persists? For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your Roku Smart Home device, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your smart home device

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jduffie01
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same issue! I did go to customer service and ask for help and after trying everything they told me to bring it back to Walmart and exchange it but Walmart doesn’t want to take it without the box so I guess I’m out money. 

Same exact issue! DAILy!! Getting really tired of it and Roku offers no solutions!