Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CN22285
Reel Rookie

Smart home app won’t playback video

When I try to view recorded video from my camera through the smart home app, it stays loading and the app freezes. The button to go back to the camera selection doesn’t work. The live stream button doesn’t work. You cannot select any option and you have to force close the app. I have the latest version of the app. I will get notifications for the camera Still, but if I try to review the video, the app freezes. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart home app won’t playback video

Hi @CN22285,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd to be of assistance with this issue on your Smart Home app and we appreciate your report about this.

Let's try reinstalling the Smart Home app and then give it a shot to see if that reproduces the same issue.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dabernat

Re: Smart home app won’t playback video

I’m waiting to find an answer to this problem too.  All the other threads on this topic are different people telling you to uninstall and reinstall the app.  It doesn’t solve the problem.  I’m beginning to think I need a new flood light camera from another company.

0 Kudos