Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart home app issues. Saying failed shortcut list update

Hi @mwh7,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with an error on your Roku Smart Home device.
The error code 2001 typically means that there's a connection timeout and we would recommend restarting the Roku Smart Home mobile app to see if the issue persists.
Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to assist further if you need more help.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emcmillan

I'm having the same issue. And if I Uninstaller the app and reinstall do I have to start the whole process over of scanning the QR code. Cause if so that will suck to do cause they are already hung way up high!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emcmillan.

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you pointing this out to us.

If you uninstall and reinstall your Roku Smart Home mobile app, you don't have to scan the QR code again. It will just reboot the system of the app.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gardner
Reel Rookie

Having same issue. Initial install was successful, Worked for a day or two. Suddenly wouldn't connect - got "failure to update shortcut list", and error codes 2001 & 2003.

As suggested, I uninstalled the app, re-downloaded, and attempted reinstall.In fact, I did it twice. Both times I got message to move chime closer to doorbell. Apparently 2 feet isn't close enough.

Tired of looking for troubleshooting answers - I'm just going to return it. Glad I bought it from Walmart - no hassle returns.

0 Kudos
Robwaybro

Uninstalled and reinstalled on both my wife's phone and mine after they both failed at the same time. Restarting the phone, force stopping the app and clearing the cache did not help. We are both using Galaxy S23 Plus phones.  This sure seems like a problem with the app/service and not everybody's phones.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.