Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card recording from wireless outdoor camera

I don’t want a subscription at this time. Please post detailed instructions on how to have videos stored to an SD card from a wireless outdoor camera. 

thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SD card recording from wireless outdoor camera

See if this article helps:

How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home camera | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Once you get the micro SD card installed in your Roku camera, you will have to physically take the SD card out (unless you can just hook up the Roku camera via its USB-c connection to your computer), and place it in an SD card reader (which you can buy at any Best Buy or other outlet) and then hook the SD card reader up to your computer to transfer recordings to your computer directly.  It's a pain, I know.  

0 Kudos
kens450r
Reel Rookie

If these are rebranded Wzye cameras why would you not retain one of the best features of them by being able to playback your SD card remotely?   Who wants to have to dig the card out of the camera every time you want to play something back after a notification.  If the camera is mounted or not easily accessed it's even worse.  This needs to be resolved immediately in the Roku Smart Home app.