Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorothy123

Roku security camera repeats my words back to me when talking to someone on the other end.

As I was outside working in the yard, my roommate noticed me on the roku app on her phone and struck up a conversation. However, what followed was a bizarre experience where every time I spoke, I heard my own words echoing back to me, before hearing her response. This odd pattern continued consistently throughout our talk. Why?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku security camera repeats my words back to me when talking to someone on the other end.

Hello! @Dorothy123,

Thanks for your for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand your concerns regarding your Outdoor Camera SE, and we want to help you.

Go to the account tab to check if two-way audio is enabled on the Roku Smart Home app. Then, try using another device or log in to a different phone to see if the echo continues.

If the problem persists, you may want to consider uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it.

Please keep us updated on your progress so we can continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos