Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Roku Smart Home indoor camera issue - error code 90

You can't turn them off with code 90. They show as offline and the app won't recognize them. Just tried. Because after however many months later, these things are still garbage. Up until 2 weeks or so ago, they had worked pretty consistent for about 3 weeks. Then they must have screwed them up again

12 REPLIES 12
tmkoel

I have the same issue. My cameras are in a house 850 miles away from me. There are 4 indoor cameras and 2 outdoor floodlight cameras. For a while they worked, then became intermittent. The WiFi is working fine and strong. Currently they are all showing the error code 90 and none are working. In addition, the Roku phone app hangs up when attempting to submit a log for technical assistance. What should I do to get these cameras working?

0 Kudos
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Nothing. Still here waiting for Roku to fix their garbage almost a year later

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home indoor camera issue - error code 90

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku indoor camera SE. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Check that the device is powered on.
  2. Ensure all cables are securely attached.
  3. Restart the Roku indoor camera SE.
  4. Update or restart the Smart Home app.

You can also check out this support article here on how to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KL79

I am having this same issue. Error code 90. I have had the same camera for 4 months it has been in the same spot and has been working just fine. Now all of the sudden it won’t work and I have tried everything. Updating my app, unplugging, resetting my router, deleting the thing entirely and setting it all up again for it to tell me that it can’t find my network. Even though nothing with my internet or the camera distance from the router changed. And even though it’s flashing blue I am still getting notifications of movement in my home even though the camera isn’t connecting. Please help. I paid for the subscription and can’t even use the thing. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KL79!

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate your reports about this and for sharing some troubleshooting steps you've done.

We suggest checking for additional support here: How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues, and let us know what you find out.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ilesfamily
Channel Surfer

Same here 

Ilesfamily
Channel Surfer

I’m pretty sure I’ve done every trouble shoot there is. Are you sure it’s not a software issue or the app is messed up because it’s alot of people saying the same thing and no one is really addressing that there is a problem. My camera disconnected on Friday and won’t let me reconnect with the QR code timing out and give the same error over and over

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching us here and for sharing your experience about this with your Indoor Cameras.

Please be aware that our team is currently working on this and we would recommend trying again. If the problem persists, please get back here so that we can further look into this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ilesfamily
Channel Surfer

Even after the app update I’m still having connection time out after trying to scan the QR code