Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdBone
Channel Surfer

Roku Doorbell manually taking pictures and videos?

I have done all the recommended steps. Will we ever be able to manually take pictures and videos with out doorbell? 

Will we be notified? 

Is anyone working to resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Doorbell manually taking pictures and videos?

Hello! @EdBone,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We are glad you contacted us about your Roku Doorbell; we are here to help you.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the problem? What do you mean by manually taking pictures or videos without using a doorbell?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EdBone
Channel Surfer

I have restarted the camera Uninstalled the app restarted my phone. Everything else I read in the post about this topic.  

When you press the camera button to take a still picture, the app says go to settings to allow. Everything about roku is allowed and the function works on all my other cameras fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@EdBone,

Thanks for your response,

To take a photo of your Wire-Free Video Doorbell SE using the Roku Smart Home App, follow these steps: 

1. Open the app and select your doorbell. 
2. On the lower right side, you will see a 3-dot option. Click on it. 
3. From the options that appear, select the "Camera" button located on the left side. 
4. Use the camera feature to take a photo of your doorbell.

Please keep us updated on your progress so we can continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EdBone
Channel Surfer

That's exactly what I am talking about that does not work. When I click on the camera button it says go to settings or no thanks. I have allowed the roku app to do to everything,  all permissions are given.  This feature works fine on my other camera. I've read a bunch of other topics in here where it is just an android issue with the doorbell taking still pictures and video. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@EdBone,

Thanks for the update,

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• DID/MAC:
  • Roku Model:
  • Phone make/model:
  • OS Version:
  • App Version:

By navigating to the Roku Smart Home device model and Mac address (Smart Home mobile app, > SettingsDevice Info) and the Log ID (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account Roku Support > Submit a log)

Please keep us updated on your findings. We are happy to assist you further and look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EdBone
Channel Surfer

Do you want all that information here or just in a log that i submit in the app?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@EdBone,

Thanks for the question,

We need all that information. Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue. 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EdBone
Channel Surfer

Screenshot_20240506_145858_Smart Home.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@EdBone,

Thanks for the information,

We need to know your phone's make and model, as well as the OS version. To submit a log, access the Roku Smart Home app, go to Account > Roku Support > Submit a log, and take note of the Log ID.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos