Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdspud27

Re: Indoor cameras 360 moving on its own

Jump to solution

Ive been noticing this issue as well for at least a few days. I unplugged it and then lugged it back in, restarted the camera, and even removed the device and reset it up. I’ve also changed my Roku and router passwords.
I’m thinking there is a glitch that is overriding us turning the camera off that the company won’t address/admit to. They need to take it seriously as there are many more people having the same issue and fix it. 

Ks605
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I must be missing something?  Are you considering this resolved?   People are still having the issue.  At the moment the only resolution I see for my own, is to throw it in the trash, and remove the rest of my Roku devices as well.  I do not WANT to do this, but for my family’s safety, I feel it is necessary.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku camera moving on its own

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users!

We see that this issue is still not fixed yet and we appreciate you for keeping this thread posted.

Please know that we value your feedback, and we understand how important it is to have this issue fixed for you. We'll continue to communicate with the concerned team and provide you with regular updates on the progress made.

In addition, rest assured that no one is viewing the device and it's only rotating due to the boot sequence that runs a motor check after restarting.

Warm regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Synchro
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HEY ROKU! You haven't fixed anything. I had my camera off and disconnected just to be sure for a couple of days and I turned it on and have been "reseting" already for a few times. This is annoying. 

Sharbear1075
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I deleted the camera and reactivated it.  My 360 camera still continues to randomly rotate 180 degrees and back when turned off.  I have not noticed any lights when this happens.

Indoor 360 camera

MAC 7C67AB4450EB

FIRMWARE 3.1.2.8391

I submitted a log, ID # 113403

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharbear1075,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team as an additional update regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dh55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine too. 

0 Kudos
DaveRooooog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My camera is rotating too, multiple times a day. My home is generally very quiet and when it rotates it disrupts my quality of life.

0 Kudos
rwillbrown

Jump to solution

Same issue here with a 360 cam and at least two other indoor cameras. The other day the 360’s record light was on for several hours constantly, but was completely unresponsive in the app. 

This makes it very hard to trust the products, and my wife wants them gone if they keep doing this.

0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not sure what the deal is, but my camera is SUPER active this morning. Much more than usual. It's moved at least 6 times in the hour and a half since I've been in the room with it.

@RokuJechealR  @RokuERey @RokuTakashi @RokuEuniceL @RokuJohnB @RokuCarly, where are we with updates on this? This is far too serious to just put on the back burner. And if updates are not eminent, please give us instructions to get a refund if we are past the return date at the store we purchased this from. There are plenty of cameras on the market to chose from and we shouldn't be having to deal with this failure on Roku's part.

0 Kudos