Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Telke123

Re: Indoor cameras 360 moving on its own

Jump to solution

Ok, it JUST happened to us!!! 

I'm sitting in our living room reading a book and I had powered off our camera (we use it mainly for our dog when we leave) and the camera moved 3-4 times. It turned all the way around and back and then stopped. I don’t have it on scan mode. I don’t have it currently on at all- just plugged in. It made me uncomfortable so I tipped the camera face down and went back to my book.

20 minutes later it tried moving even though it was off and faced down!!!

It turned itself around and managed to toss itself OFF our shelf, got itself unplugged and crashed down onto the ground!

Extremely unsettling!!

I picked it up, popped the cover and sides back together and plugged it back in (I was pissed because I was almost certain that it had broken itself and that it might be ruined!)

Well, it powered back on.

Now I am just going to wait and see if it does it again.

Are these things not secure? Can they be hacked or can people be watching us unaware!?

0 Kudos
Synchro
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same situation happened to me. I can't find a solution so I unplugged it. I wonder why that happened.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It sounds like it's resetting itself.  I no longer have my 360 camera, but I noticed that when I connected the power it would turn all the way in one direction and then back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ks605
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku camera moving on its own

Jump to solution

This is crazy.  My 360 camera started doing the same thing this morning.  It is off also… and, I also bought it to check on my cat while on vacation.  I would return it, but it is 3 weeks past the returning date.  Mine will be unplugged as well…..  it is just too eerie to have it moving, and being turned off.  Not sure I believe it is not displaying for someone…

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @firemshll,

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for performing some troubleshooting steps with our Roku Support via chat to try to resolve the issue with your Roku Smart Home camera that is moving on its own. Motion tracking is only available on the Roku Indoor Camera 360 SE. This feature enables your camera to detect and track motion, making it a great option for monitoring pets or children in a large room. Whenever motion is detected, your camera will move to keep the object within the camera's field of view. Once the object is out of view or after 15 seconds of inactivity, the camera will return to its initial position or continue the pan-scan if one is in progress. If multiple objects are moving at the same time, your camera will follow the largest moving object. Motion tracking works together with your camera's motion detection zone. Everything outside of the motion detection zone is ignored and will not trigger motion tracking.

You can turn on or off motion tracking in the Roku Smart Home app.

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar.
  2. Select your camera.
  3. Tap More.
  4. Toggle or un-toggle motion tracking.

The motion tracking icon is purple when it is on and gray when it is off. To learn more, check out this support article on how to adjust motion detection settings on your Roku Smart Home Camera.

If the issue persists, we'd be more than happy to coordinate this with the relevant Roku team to further investigate and determine the cause. 

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku Smart Home device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (Smart Home mobile app, > Account > Help)
  • Log ID (Live feed of your camera indoor 360 on the smart home app > Settings > Roku Support > Submit a log ID)

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
firemshll
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As I explained to the chat rep, It is NOT the motion tracking. It is like the thing is possessed. Motion tracking would NOT cause the camera to power cycle, spin 360 degrees and have red and blue blinking lights, ESPECIALLY when at least 130 degrees is a wall where no motion is happening.

I’ll send the details requested when I get a moment. 

ooOoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ours started doing this a day or two ago. It will move fully each way and then back to center, followed by different color flashing lights on the front. I wonder if Roku pushed an update that bonked our cameras? 

0 Kudos
ooOoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What's going on here @RokuCarly Why do we all have wonky cams all of a sudden? Mine was working fine and now it's not, I haven't changed any settings at all. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings, Community users!

It has come to our attention that many of you are affected by this and we sincerely apologize for the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused.

In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to further investigate your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera 360 devices and determine the cause of the movement even if the camera is turned off (in some instances, the motion detected is disabled). 

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can create a report ticket effectively.

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > Settings> Device info)
  • Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

If you are unable to provide us with a Log ID, no worries! Just let us know.

We'll be looking forward to your responses as we are more than willing to find you the best resolution and accurate information regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
firemshll
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did go in and confirm that motion tracking WAS in fact (and still is), turned off on BOTH cameras.  Please run this up the chain to find someone that can explain and resolve this issue.  Below are the requested details.

• Roku Smart Home device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (Smart Home mobile app, > Account > Help)
    • Camera 1
      • Model:  CP1000X
      • Serial Number:  There is no "serial number" listed anywhere.  I have a MAC number - is that it?
      • Device ID:  SOS31297YWA5
      • OS Version:  3.1.2.8391
    • Camera 2
      • Model:  CP1000X
      • Serial Number: There is no "serial number" listed anywhere.  I have a MAC number - is that it?
      • Device ID:  SOS3129FSWGX
      • OS Version: 3.1.2.8391
  • Log ID (Live feed of your camera indoor 360 on the smart home app > Settings > Roku Support > Submit a log ID)
    • Camera 1
      • Log ID:  111873
    • Camera 2
      • Log ID:  111875