Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidhall1

Re: Can roku send a notification telling my a camera is offline or unplugged?

Jump to solution

I also need this answer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AH04,

Thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your interest in using this feature on your Roku Smart Home devices. Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available on our platform. However, we do value your feedback and have taken note of your suggestion. Our development team will review your request. 

For future feature announcements, you may visit the Roku Blog.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AH04
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also need this answer.   If you're not getting activity notifications, you may think all is well.  Can't you get notifications if someone unplugged the camera?  I even had this notification on my old cameras that were outdated...

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @AH04!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance with your queries on receiving notifications even if your Roku Cameras are unplugged. 

As we check your account, you have a Roku indoor camera and this device needs to be plugged into a power source to work. It is possible that you can't receive any notifications because your camera isn't plugged into a power source or it's currently offline. 

Here's our official Support article to help you learn more about your Roku Indoor Camera 360.

If you need further clarification and assistance, let us know. Hope this helps! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AH04
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm asking the question not as to why I can't receive notifications, but rather, can I set something to get a notification IF my camera goes offline?  From being disconnected or power outage, etc?  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AH04,

Thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your interest in using this feature on your Roku Smart Home devices. Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available on our platform. However, we do value your feedback and have taken note of your suggestion. Our development team will review your request. 

For future feature announcements, you may visit the Roku Blog.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos