Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications to android when movement is detected on camera

I have notification enabled on android phone to get notifications when movement is detected.i5 worked when first got the camera now it doesn't. Tried installing and reinstall and sill nothing plz help ? #rokuhomecamera @rokuhome

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not getting notifications to android when movement is detected on camera

Hi @aandkmiller2022,

A warm greeting from the Roku Community!

We want to investigate this issue further. May we know what Roku camera you are using right now? (Roku Indoor Camera, Roku Outdoor Camera, Roku Doorbell Camera, or Roku Flooglight Camera)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

I am also no longer receiving notifications from my floodlight camera. It had been working for months.

Also having issues with smart bulb no longer going into sunset mode or turning off at the scheduled end time.

I suspect issues on Roku backend. There’s no reason for things to stop working all of a sudden. I’ve troubleshooted my end and everything is okay.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mlm44

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community. 

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku Smart Home devices, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. In this matter, we'll provide you with steps to resolve and address this issue. In regards to your Roku Floodlight Camera not receiving any notifications, we recommend following the steps below:

1. Uninstall your Roku Smart Home Device, and Re-install it.
  2. Select your device from the Home screen
  3. Tap Settings  in the corner
  4. Select Notifications and make sure that the notifications and other settings are turned on

Regarding your Roku Smart Bulb, kindly follow the steps below.

Use the instructions below to reset your smart bulb.

1. Power on your bulb
  2. Turn the light switch off and on 3 times

If the reset is successful, your bulb will begin pulsing. If you need to connect it to the smart home mobile app again, refer to the Roku Smart Bulb SE setup instructions.

Please keep us posted on how this works so we'll be able to assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
plj1023

I'm not getting notifications to my phone  anymore I have an iPhone. I have reinstalled it still nothing 

0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

I discovered the notifications switch in the app settings was turned off.

I did not turn it off, it must have been pushed out during an app update.

0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

The discussion about the bulbs should be in a separate post, but in any event I reset the bulb as suggested and the sunset dimming feature still does not work (it had been working for over a year). Also, the bulb still does not turn off at the end time of the schedule that turns it on, so I had to create a second schedule to turn it off. Not having this problem with the other three smart bulbs. Otherwise the bulb is completely controllable from the app - it's just these two things that are not working.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @mlm44.

Firstly, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. No worries! We'd be more than happy to suggest further troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this.

In this case, we suggest removing/deleting the existing rule on this specific bulb by navigating the Home screen on the Roku Smart Home app. After doing so, try to add the rule again to your preference and let's see if this will make any difference. 

For reference, kindly visit our Support article on How to use rules to automate your Roku Smart Home devices.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

Removing the rule and adding it again fixed the on/off issue but the sleep/sunset dimming feature is still not working at all even after turning it off and on and changing the times, and after resetting the bulb.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mlm44,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting regarding using the Roku Smart Home Camera. Please be aware that the color night vision feature will be dependent on the surrounding light conditions. If you have the settings set to dark, the Roku Smart Home Camera will not attempt color night vision and go to full night vision as there is not enough light. In addition, if you have night vision "on," it will always go full night vision. Lastly, if the settings are turned off and marked as not in pitch black, color night vision will be enabled.

For more information about how to change the settings regarding night vision, visit our Support page here: Use night vision on your camera or doorbell.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate to post in the Roku Community again.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos