Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
housefamily4
Reel Rookie

Re: No video of motion detection

I don’t get it. Worked perfectly during the free trial. Paid for the subscription and now nothing works except for live camera. Tried everything suggested but still doesn’t work. Feeling like a refund is in order unless a solution is offered very soon. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @housefamily4,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with your Roku camera issue. Please check out this support article here on how to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription for cameras & doorbells.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vandelay96
Reel Rookie

I'm having a similar issue, except I do not have a Smart Home subscription- never did but "event" stills were always listed in "events" until recently.   Did you stop with ALL smart notifications unless you paid for the subscription?   Thanks.

0 Kudos
Memiked
Reel Rookie

Hi, same issue, worked great during free trial went and recently paid for the subscription, now nothing works as well. Did you get it working ?  

Mike

0 Kudos
vandelay96
Reel Rookie

Yes.  Weird.  After about 2 weeks---Motion events just suddenly appeared again!

0 Kudos
Memiked
Reel Rookie

Ok, I have these 4 cameras  working. I had run all 4 on the no subscription trial period. I then subscribed and during the change over, I ran into no motion detection. So I updated the app latest 12/01/23 release. Then one by one I deleted and re-install each camera thru the app, I did not factory reset them just added each back into the app thru the setup,  only took a couple minutes for each one.  Working great now.

0 Kudos
Memiked
Reel Rookie

Just an added detail. I noticed the cameras grab an IP address thru DHCP.  That's ok makes it simple as alot of devices do that, but it's not idea for critical devices. Why ? well a DHCP IP address is a time leased address, lease is up the device is delt with and gets a new address, automatic process ? Maybe, but sometime one must hard reset the device so it can use its new delt IP address. And will be offline until a restart. So not ideal for a critical device. I'm going look at blocking off the IP address for each camera so thier ip address will not expire and always be assigned a non-expiring dedicated IP thru my router DHCP admin interface.  

0 Kudos
Foskey007

One of my 3 cameras has stopped recording and taking events. It won’t even record if I try to record in real time. I’ve restarted the camera and deleted and added it back. What can I do to fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Foskey007,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku camera since it will not detect motion. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on how to fix a video recording or scheduling issue on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Memiked
Reel Rookie

I've have 4 running, no issues. Updated software to newest release. All the detection settings on each are set the same. At 50 % in the motion detection sensitivity, All have detection zone on and setup. Using smart detection and selections. If i make a change i normally warm reset the camera or just turn it off/on. And SYNC time under advanced settings. .This works best for mine. Network is a 5g / 2.4g.

0 Kudos