Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User45
Streaming Star

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

Any updates?  I keep searching community posts subject no luck. Same issues, different but many unresolved, including mine  not happy, oh well I guess..🥴🥴

0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

What ever became of the test results and where day go? Do they simply need 5et WiFi antennas add on to outdoor cameras?  🥴😓 😣. All good I guess 👍

0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

The Floodlight SE will randomly cycle from uploading videos to upload failed.  Again, I have stated this is a KNOWN PROBLEM, Roku Engineers are Aware of the issue, and 4 months later have done nothing to resolve.

Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

Roku Engineers are aware of the problems. I worked directly with them via email for over a month.  Why the problems remain unfixed 4 months later is beyond me.  Maybe the Engineers have yet to devise a solution.

Either way, the problems remain unresolved as have been detailed multiple times over in this thread.  If we knew when there'd be a solution, it wouldn't remain a secret. 

EdLetts
Channel Surfer

And what does this mean to me? Roku put a defective product on the market that they should have known was bad since the wyse cameras have and have had the same issues for a long time. Worse yet Roku continues to sell them knowing they don't work as advertised. Seems at the very least to be unethical and borderline illegal. Expensive lesson learned, I'm done with Roku!

Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

@EdLetts 

Agreed.  Roku pilfered Wyse Cameras, or at least the basic design, and inherited some of the same problems. One problem being the upload failed issue that I noticed a Wyse Thread discussed. Whether or not Wyse has resolved their issues is hard to say without a unit in hand.

Both you and I have an IT background and at this juncture, seem to agree that a resolution is not forthcoming any time soon.

Honestly, the Roku Camera isn't a "BAD PRODUCT" if you accept that the cloud feature reliability sucks.  The two cameras I have installed do their job sufficiently using a Memory Card to record.

The downside, the MicroSD card recordings lack audio and capture video only per the above discussions.

Will I be replacing these cameras? Probably not, they'll do what I need for now. Would I buy more? No.

0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

A NEW FIRMWARE was released today.  It claims to fix connectivity issues and upload failed.  I don't have the cloud any longer, so I suggest someone who does update their firmware and test.

Second, I don't know if it fixes Audio to the MicroSD card or not.  It didn't make any mention in release notes, but I haven't had a chance to yank the MicroSD.

If someone wants to be so kind to update and check if videos have audio, I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Agood
Reel Rookie

I updated my firmware with the new release yesterday on my two camera SE devices and my videos since the update have all loaded so far....sure hope this is the fix.....still skeptical...

User45
Streaming Star

I appreciate your reply. I just now began the firmware update as well. Fingers crossed 👍

0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

Audio on MicroSD is still in a noncompliant container file and thus THERE IS STILL no Audio on the MicroSD card that one can play.

0 Kudos