Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunflower81
Reel Rookie

Indoor camera sound is not loud enough

Jump to solution

My indoor camera has sound, but it's not very loud. How can I turn the volume up?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor camera sound is not loud enough

Jump to solution

Hi @Sunflower81,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home camera. We would be pleased to help. You can follow the troubleshooting steps provided below to resolve the issue:

1. Confirm the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up-to-date.
  2. Make sure the sound is turned on.
    • In the live stream, the sound icon should be green for "on." If it is gray, that means it is off.
  3. Power-cycle the camera.
  4. With the Roku Camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.
  5. Delete the device from the Roku Smart Home app and set it up again like new.
  6. Factory reset the camera and set it up as a new device.

If none of these troubleshooting steps work, please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Sunflower81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got a new phone the other day, and my sound is great! I guess it was time for an updated phone!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sunflower81,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home camera. We would be pleased to help. You can follow the troubleshooting steps provided below to resolve the issue:

1. Confirm the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up-to-date.
  2. Make sure the sound is turned on.
    • In the live stream, the sound icon should be green for "on." If it is gray, that means it is off.
  3. Power-cycle the camera.
  4. With the Roku Camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.
  5. Delete the device from the Roku Smart Home app and set it up again like new.
  6. Factory reset the camera and set it up as a new device.

If none of these troubleshooting steps work, please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sunflower81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got a new phone the other day, and my sound is great! I guess it was time for an updated phone!

0 Kudos