Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

Indoor camera randomly disconnected

I have 3 Roku Indoor Cameras and one of them went offline and I can't get it back online. I've tried it right next to my router, I've power cycled, I've reset it, when I try setup again it scans the QR code then says "connection timed out scan qr code again" but won't scan it again. When I turn it on the red light comes on then I hear 2 clicks and the light turns off. My other 2 cameras are working fine. What do I do?

14 REPLIES 14
ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

Re: Indoor camera randomly disconnected

Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone, restarted my router, it will record events but I cannot see a live screen as it keeps saying it's not connected and I also cannot change any settings due to it saying it is disconnected.

Same issues. Just went out

ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

I checked the firmware versions for the working and non-working cameras and they're all the same version and all are updated. It just doesn't make sense why 2 of them would work fine and 1 of them isn't showing as online.

mtwrangler
Binge Watcher

Check Wyze cam announcement 

Gwendolyn
Today at 20:35

SERVICE STATUS UPDATE

12/01/23 7:26 PM PT - We are currently receiving reports of cameras offline or not able to connect. We are currently looking into the issue and will have an update as soon as we have some more information. Thank you for your patience.

I have both Wyze and Roku cameras, and they are all acting the same, dropping like flies and cannot reconnect, or reattach via new setup.
ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

Thank you for that info! 

0 Kudos
mtwrangler
Binge Watcher

You are welcome. Wyze is much better at keeping customers informed, as well as a lot less problems with updates and programming firmware.

I cannot view live feed, the cams say they are disconnected but will randomly send a notification and a video of what ever triggered it at that particular time.  I can view that stored video, but back to live view, there's nothing but " blab blab restart", reinstall" disconnected, reboot your router" nonsense.

ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

That's the exact same issue I'm having, hopefully they'll get it worked out soon! I looked all over for something from Roku about an issue but found nothing. 

0 Kudos
PghNana
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Have 2 indoor cameras - 1 “offline” - tried the usual troubleshooting to no avail. 

ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

I've been watching the Wyze website and it looks like the issue is being worked on. Maybe they'll get it figured out soon. I'm guessing the "partner service" is Roku.

Screenshot_20231202_004306_Chrome.jpg