Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BHG1
Reel Rookie

Indoor SE camera notifications

Jump to solution

A soon as my Free trial ran out I stopped receiving notifications for motion on all of my cameras. Roku has yet to fix the problem. Is this a scam by Roku to make you purchase a subscription? Sure seems that way to me. I tried all their troubleshooting and everything is turned on. Does anyone get notifications once their free trial ran out??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor SE camera notifications

Jump to solution

Hello! @BHG1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've
done so far.

Many customers find the Event Recordings to be a huge benefit of the subscription. This means that when your camera detects motion or sound, it will start recording a new Event, you'll receive a push notification from your mobile app, and the video recording will automatically be stored in the cloud for 14 days. Without a subscription plan, your camera will still capture a new motion or sound, but only as an image snapshot, rather than an extended video clip.ll Roku Smart Home cameras all include motion detection alerts, they can’t tell a tree from a person. A subscription includes Smart Detection to distinguish between a person, a package delivery, a vehicle, or a pet. This gives you the option to only receive alerts when a person is detected if you so choose.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @BHG1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've
done so far.

Many customers find the Event Recordings to be a huge benefit of the subscription. This means that when your camera detects motion or sound, it will start recording a new Event, you'll receive a push notification from your mobile app, and the video recording will automatically be stored in the cloud for 14 days. Without a subscription plan, your camera will still capture a new motion or sound, but only as an image snapshot, rather than an extended video clip.ll Roku Smart Home cameras all include motion detection alerts, they can’t tell a tree from a person. A subscription includes Smart Detection to distinguish between a person, a package delivery, a vehicle, or a pet. This gives you the option to only receive alerts when a person is detected if you so choose.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BHG1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Obviously you didn't read my post. I understand I will no longer get recordings without a subscription. I am not receiving any motion notifications or pictures. I am receiving absolutely nothing since the free trial ended

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@BHG1,

Thanks for your response,

You can manage the motion detection settings for your Roku® Smart Home Camera or video doorbell in the Roku Smart Home mobile app

Troubleshooting:

1. Confirm the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Make sure Motion Tracking is turned ON.
    • Camera live stream > Tap More. Motion Tracking will be green if it is ON, it will be grey if it is OFF.
  3. Check the Motion Detection Sensitivity.
    • Camera live stream > camera settings > Detection Settings.
    • Check the setting of the Motion Detection Sensitivity to 100 and adjust it down 5-10 notches at a time until you get the desired amount of motion detection.
  4. Confirm if a detection zone is turned ON.
    • Camera live stream > settings gear > detection settings > detection zone.
  5. Power cycle the camera.
  6. If the issue persists. Factory reset the camera and set it up as a new device.
    • You will have to readjust the detection settings after doing this.

Please keep us updated on your findings. We are here to assist you further and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BHG1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried all of those troubleshooting suggestions more than 3 times and nothing works and everyone at Roku is completely useless. I am convinced that the whole Roku camera system is a big scam. As soon as the free trial runs out you get nothing. They are basically forcing you into a subscription because you won't get any notifications once the trial ends. This complaint is all over the Internet and Roku does nothing about it. My cameras are 800 miles away so I can't even return them . They are USELESS 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@BHG1,

done so far.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist
you further and fix the issue.

Please check your inbox as we require some personal information from you. We have sent you a private message.

We want to assure you that we're committed to keeping you informed and providing support
whenever you need it.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos