Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRev86

How would one reset the actual doorbell in order to reconnect it to an account?

Jump to solution

Seriously... You're not answering the actual concern. You keep saying to reset the chime but that button does NOT reset the actual doorbell camera. That's why this is an issue. I'm going through this exact thing now. I have taken the doorbell off of the account because it disconnected and wouldn't reconnect. Now the only advice I'm finding is to reset the chime. That has been done, but it isn't affecting the actual doorbell in any way to allow me to recommend it to my Roku account. 

So.... How would one reset the actual doorbell in order to reconnect it to an account? Can y'all not answer that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheRev86,

Thank you for posting in the Roku community!

We understand you need assistance with resetting your Roku doorbell, and we'll be glad to assist you with that. Before you begin, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the layout of your video doorbell and chime.

Status and power light for doorbell

When ready, follow the instructions below for your doorbell.

1. Unmount your doorbell, but leave it connected to power.
  2. Press the reset button.
  3. Wait for your doorbell to restart.

After a successful reset, you will hear "Ready to connect," and you will see the status light flashing yellow.

Use the next list of steps if you also need to factory reset your Chime SE.

1. Plug in your chime if it is not already powered on.
  2. Press and hold the Setup button for 5 seconds until you hear "Reset successfully."

For more details, visit How to Factory Reset Your Roku Smart Home Device. If you need help connecting your video doorbell and chime again, visit the Roku Video Doorbell and Chime SE setup instructions.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TheRev86, have you removed the doorbell from its mounting plate?  There should be a reset button on the back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheRev86

Jump to solution

Jesus, dude. How many people need to say "there's not a reset button" on this forum? 

There isn't a reset button. There is a pretty button. Taking it off the back plate is obvious. There's still no reset button. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheRev86,

Thank you for posting in the Roku community!

We understand you need assistance with resetting your Roku doorbell, and we'll be glad to assist you with that. Before you begin, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the layout of your video doorbell and chime.

Status and power light for doorbell

When ready, follow the instructions below for your doorbell.

1. Unmount your doorbell, but leave it connected to power.
  2. Press the reset button.
  3. Wait for your doorbell to restart.

After a successful reset, you will hear "Ready to connect," and you will see the status light flashing yellow.

Use the next list of steps if you also need to factory reset your Chime SE.

1. Plug in your chime if it is not already powered on.
  2. Press and hold the Setup button for 5 seconds until you hear "Reset successfully."

For more details, visit How to Factory Reset Your Roku Smart Home Device. If you need help connecting your video doorbell and chime again, visit the Roku Video Doorbell and Chime SE setup instructions.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos