Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crushing
Reel Rookie

Have to restart Indoor Cameras constantly to be able to view

I have three Indoor SE Camera's that I've had for a few months. Previously they worked great. Viewing recorded events was a little slow sometimes because my previous internet provider had pretty bad upload/Download speeds. So to remedy this, I decided to switch internet providers. The speed I have now is 3x faster than my previous provider. I got all the cameras swapped over to my new WIFI router. All the connections say the signal strength is great. My router software says the connection is great to all three cameras but now anytime I try to pull up the Live feed of any camera on my Roku app or Roku Tvs....9 times out of 10 they will not connect. They are still recording events and sending notifications properly but the only way to pull up the live feed is resetting the camera. I reset and it instantly works....but then if you swap to a different camera....they will not connect again. 
 This is beyond frustrating. Has anyone else had this happen or know what might be going on? I have uninstalled/reinstalled smart home app, made sure its fully up to date, made sure all cameras have the latest firmware. Read all the support documentation. Pretty much at a loss. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have to restart Indoor Cameras constantly to be able to view

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Crushing!

We appreciate you informing us about the issue you encountered while streaming live on the Roku Smart Home app, and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we first know how far are your cameras from your router? We should also consider the devices connected to your network connection all at the same time because sometimes, even with fiber optic, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays. 

Additionally, kindly consider adjusting the camera's placement closer to the Wi-Fi router or access point to improve signal reception and reduce latency. 

In the meantime, we suggest deleting or removing the existing cameras connected to your Roku Smart Home app, logging out and in to the app, and then reconnecting or re-adding the cameras to the app to see if this will make any difference. 

We'll be looking forward to your update as we'd be more than happy to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deedee561

So I was having this same issue but what I tried a few minutes ago was, I deleted the app and then disconnected the camera for 30 seconds to a minute, I then downloaded and signed into the Roku smart home app, after signed in I then plugged the camera back in. & now we are back ‼️‼️👀 this topic seems to be very popular when I searched this up. But anyways.. that worked for me let me know if it works for you.     
(also. BEFORE I DELETED THE APP I WIPED THE SD CARD IN THE APP SETTINGS). Sooo yeah…

0 Kudos
Crushing
Reel Rookie

Carly,
 all three cameras are within 25ft of the router. My router app allows me to speed test/check connection speed on each camera and all show that they have excellent signal/connection. It's so weird because I had much slower internet previously and my live feeds worked. I was previously able to view them from my mobile app or any of my Roku Tvs. 
 I currently have three Roku Tvs and a PC connected to my router. I live alone. No two devices ever run at the same time. 
 I deleted the Roku app/reinstalled and re-setup all my cameras. Same exact outcome. The live feeds were visible a couple of times then shortly after I had to "reset" a camera for the live feed to appear. I can walk through a room and trigger a motion event and it instantly notifies me/records the event .  This all was working before on a MUCH slower internet connection. 

Any other ideas? Thanks for your help 

Chris

0 Kudos
Crushing
Reel Rookie

Is this still working for you? Whenever I do this, it basically works once then the live feed stops connecting as soon as I switch to a different camera. Reset always works but it never stays working long term if that makes any sense. 

0 Kudos

I have a similar problem.  My iphone is stuck on one camera and I can't get to the other cameras.  the entire idea of having home securoity was just thrown out the window.  I'd tell you whichy window but I can't see  but one camera!

0 Kudos