Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TN60

Error Code IV22 20005 wire free video doorbell will not connect

Jump to solution

My wire-free video door bell worked perfect for 2 months. Then I got a connectivity issue. It kept saying error code IV22 20005. Said for me to check my internet connection. 
I tired the following with no success:

1. Rebooting my router- checked for internet signal- excellent. 
2. Chime is within 8ft of the router and doorbell is within 12 ft of the router. 
3. Deleted the doorbell and reinstalled as per the directions. 
4. Deleted App and reinstalled and reinstalled doorbell.

5. Bought another wire-free doorbell and installed it. 
Nothing has worked both doorbells say they are connected during set up but when you go to the app to connect to see live video you get an error. Error code IV22 20005. 
I have plenty of internet service to run all streaming devices. 
Please help me resolve this issue. Nothing has changed except a few firmware updates since I purchased the 1st doorbell. 
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error Code IV22 20005 wire free video doorbell will not connect

Jump to solution

@lepcon, your ISP is wrong.  Roku Smart Home devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.  Some ISPs seem to think it's ok to disable 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on their customer's equipment which is nonsense.

Why is my Roku Smart Home device not connecting to the app during setup? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
podmuse

Jump to solution

I am literally having the same issue. It's super annoying and frustrating that a product I have had for several months without any issues suddenly stops working and even the replacement I just got yesterday is giving me the same code. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here just got my replacement same

thing I have a blink connected and it works perfectly fine. 

0 Kudos
lepcon

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue!! Does anyone have a fix??

I called customer support and they said that the doorbell will only work if connected to 2.4ghz wifi and NOT 5ghz wifi. But i contacted my internet company and they said that shouldnt be an issue at all.

Help please!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@lepcon, your ISP is wrong.  Roku Smart Home devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.  Some ISPs seem to think it's ok to disable 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on their customer's equipment which is nonsense.

Why is my Roku Smart Home device not connecting to the app during setup? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MrGarcia83

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku Smart Home devices hooked up to my 5ghz wi-fi. My camera has been on this same connection since we got it 6 months ago. Worked just fine until now. Makes no sense

0 Kudos