Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hippymichele
Reel Rookie

Downloading copy of recordings from app

Forgive an excited newbie but can recordings be downloaded from the app?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Downloading copy of recordings from app

@hippymichele

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that recordings can be saved to the cloud when you purchase a Roku Smart Home Subscription or backed up to a micro SD card.

For more information about recording on Roku Smart Home devices, visit our Support page here: View recordings on your camera or doorbell

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
be7
Channel Surfer

so to be clear, you can't actually download any videos from the app, directly to your phone?? wtf...and how does one go about backing up specific videos to a microSD card?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @be7 

Thanks for the follow up.

If you wanted to backup a video recording on a micro SD card, you would need to connect your micro SD card to your computer and save the video you wish to keep.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

What if you don't have a computer and want to download a copy of the video to your phone? 

0 Kudos
TeamJK0816
Reel Rookie

I downloaded my videos straight to my phone. But it's not every video. Like I can go through watch the videos/clips And I'm picking shoes which ones I want to save to my phone. When you're watching the clip on the top right there's two little arrows with like a box one pointing up and one pointing down. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two I always select the one that's pointing down. And it always gets saved to my phone under downloads 🤷‍♀️