Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lopez1711
Channel Surfer

Doorbell won't record video, only images

Why does my roku doorbell only take images and not video? It was taking video before I signed up for the subscription. My trial was already going to end so I signed up and the moment I did it stopped recording video. I have only been getting images and according to the subscription details if you get the subscription you get video recordings can someone please help ? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Doorbell won't record video, only images

Greetings @Lopez1711 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

We would recommend trying to reboot your Roku Smart Home Doorbell. If that doesn't resolve the issue, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the Roku Smart Home Doorbell to see if that helps.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting if you need further help. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lopez1711
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R I did the reboot and factory reset it worked for maybe 2 days and again it started to only take images or it says “their was a problem retrieving this video from the cloud” 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Lopez1711 

Thanks for the follow up and letting us know about what you are experiencing.

It would appear that what you are seeing would be related to poor connectivity issues with your wireless network. How close is your Roku Smart Home Camera from your wireless router? Have you tried moving your camera closer to the router to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DerikmyRoc

I'm having the same issues with mine 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @DerikmyRoc 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

Do you currently have a Roku Smart Home subscription linked to your doorbell? For more information about what is included with a Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to assist further should you need more help. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lopez1711
Channel Surfer

All day I get the same message, I already restarted the camera , I already uninstalled and reinstalled and it’s not my internet connection because I have other cameras and they work perfectly fine. And the router is close to the doorbell 

0 Kudos
Regina79

I am having the same issue with one of my security cameras. It worked perfect until my trial ended and now I am constantly resetting it because it only records images until I reset and then it works ok for a few hours and back to just images.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @Regina79

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with Roku doorbell camera. 

We passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to further investigate your issue. We will be in touch with you once we have the information. Thank you!

All the best,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lopez1711
Channel Surfer

@RokuArvyS Im I supposed to do something else with my doorbell????? Every day it doesn’t record any videos just pictures after I restart it takes video but not even 1hr. I have been having this issue ever since i got the subscription when I was under the trial everything was perfect. And Its not my internet connection because my other cameras work perfectly fine, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled and its the same issue

0 Kudos