Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cameras say offline but are showing live feed and giving updates to movement/sound detections.

My cameras had a firmware updates on 11/1/23 around 8 am, and ever since I've had nothing but issues! All day yesterday and today I haven't been able to get any movement/sound notifications or recordings. Now about an' hour ago, all cameras say 'offline' but I can click on each individual one to get live feed and sound? They also now sometimes are sending motion events which are sometimes being recorded, sometimes not. No sound detection though unless I click on either camera and hit the sound button. Have chatted four times to agents about issues and keep being told 'engineers' are working hard on fixing these issues that came after the firmware update yesterday, but no matter what I do (restart WiFi and router boxes, unplug cameras, redo camera set up and even factory reset them) nothing is working, helping or fixing the problem(s). Anyone known if these issues that I've been told a lot of people are experiencing are going to be fixed soon?

9 REPLIES 9
Lolo-marie

Re: Cameras say offline but are showing live feed and giving updates to movement/sound detections.

I'm having the exact same problem since the update yesterday. It says it's offline but I can see livestream and hear sounds. Are you getting notifications right away? I'm getting notifications but I don't get them for several minutes (which kind of defeats the purpose.) It's got to be a problem on their end because I've tried everything! 

Pickle65

Re: Cameras say offline but are showing live feed and giving updates to movement/sound detections.

I have one of my cameras doing the same  thing.

0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

Same issue with four of my cameras, two indoor, one floodlight, and one 360. The firmware has only updated on the floodlight, not the other three, so I don't think it's firmware. I think it is on the Roku server end.

Also the cams show offline on my Roku streaming devices, not just on my phone. But they all can stream video anyway.

Mmm511

Same problem here. I updated a couple of hours ago and now my system doesn’t work. Says offline, can’t operate it through the app and it only comes on when the app is open. 

Pickle65

Sounds like what is going on with one  my cameras. Says off line but can video and sound.

0 Kudos
Mmm511

I fixed it! Reset the camera and reconnected it. Works fine now. 

0 Kudos
Sailorsweethart
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues! After the update on Nov.1.2023, my camera stopped recording events. I've reset it, unplugged it, deleted and reinstalled the home app and still nothing!

mlm44
Streaming Star

All of my cameras came back online last night. It must have been a server issue.

0 Kudos
SuaSponte2000
Channel Surfer

I experienced the same issue, but my cameras came back online.  They came back online without event records and without notifications!

USA Retired.
0 Kudos