Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
be7
Channel Surfer

Anyone know how to attach the corner wedge to the backplate for Wire-Free Doorbell?

Jump to solution

and which backplate to use? We are doing the wire-free option, so you would think it is just the Back Plate (E in the directions) but that doesn't seem to work so we have also tried the Screw Back Plate (D in the directions) but that isn't working right either. And Roku refuses to make directions for how to do this. There are no directions in the box nor online. And if you contact customer service, they have no idea how to do it either and will just repeatedly say "I'm sorry to hear that" when you ask them a question, instead of answering the question. I am literally already fed up with Roku and the awful directions and awful customer service. Hoping someone on here can explain how to attach the corner wedge to the backplate? Any way we have tried it, it doesn't attach well and looks awful/wonky. It just doesn't attach well and it is requiring way too much force. And we aren't even doing the wired option, we are doing wire-free so we don't have to worry about all the wires going through the holes, but this still isn't making sense (BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY DIRECTIONS!!!). Sorry, I am very frustrated right now if you couldn't tell. I have never dealt with such a difficult company before. 

Also, to any Roku officials who read this: get your dang **bleep** together and post some directions to this already. It is ridiculous that directions to this don't even exist yet. It's embarrassing that you guys don't have this figured out yet. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Anyone know how to attach the corner wedge to the backplate for Wire-Free Doorbell?

Jump to solution

Greetings @be7

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding how to setup your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

Please be aware that the wedge smooth side goes agains the wall. Using the long screws connect it to the wall using the long wide holes. Once attached to the wall use the doorbell base plate and fit it into the open groove on the wedge. Using the small screws attach the base plate to the wedge. Lastly, install the doorbell on the baseplate.

We hope this provides clarification on how to setup your Roku Smart Home Doorbell. If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Anyone know how to attach the corner wedge to the backplate for Wire-Free Doorbell?

Jump to solution

Greetings @be7

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding how to setup your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

Please be aware that the wedge smooth side goes agains the wall. Using the long screws connect it to the wall using the long wide holes. Once attached to the wall use the doorbell base plate and fit it into the open groove on the wedge. Using the small screws attach the base plate to the wedge. Lastly, install the doorbell on the baseplate.

We hope this provides clarification on how to setup your Roku Smart Home Doorbell. If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
be7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks! Yes this answers the question, thank you! Turns out the product is just not manufactured properly because despite doing exactly what you described in your post (in regards to how to attach the backplate to the wedge), the camera does not attach cleanly to the backplate once the backplate is attached to the wedge. We thought it was just an isolated issue so we exchanged the camera for another one and this second camera still doesn't attach cleanly to the backplate either. So I guess Roku just doesn't believe in properly making their products. It is a very hideous fit. IMG_1125.JPGIMG_1126.JPGIMG_1127.JPGIMG_1128.JPGIMG_1129.JPG

0 Kudos
Dselevan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you mess with the little torx screw on the bottom? I installed one yesterday. You have to loosen it to get the bottom flush.

0 Kudos
be7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ya my screw was completely loosened. I guess the wedge backplate is just built defectively in MANY cases. I returned mine twice, and finally the third one I got has a wedge backplate that is mostly flush with the camera once the camera is attached. It still isn’t perfect, but close enough. The first two weren’t flush at all, it looked ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
Dselevan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, I could not get mine to snap into the wedge either! It was so hot out and with the power off, I gave up on it and just went with the flat baseplate with the hole. The flat one is good! The image looks good, the angle is good. I did almost go crazy with the wedge. I would try the flat one, it works really well. That wedge fitting is super weird. I couldn't figure out what the top was! Anyway; the flat one is fool proof.

0 Kudos
be7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ya i would use the flat one if I could, but we need the angled one for where we had to put the doorbell, otherwise a wall is taking up too much of the camera view

0 Kudos