Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 8 cameras suddenly started looking up.

Thank you so much for the added information, @Mlwhitt!

Rest assured that all of the information you've provided to us is fully acknowledged. We highly appreciate your cooperation as well as your patience and understanding as we review this and find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

Re: 8 cameras suddenly started locking up.

Are there any updates on this?  I originally posted this issue three weeks ago and have went above and beyond providing numerous troubleshooting steps, and information yet I still have the same issue weeks later.  I am getting close to reporting to the BBB as the products are neigh unusable and I feel as though I am being scammed. As someone who spent decades in IT support I would have been ashamed of myself had I let my own customers down, even more so if they had done the major troubleshooting legwork on their own accord.  I hate to be this way but I have hundreds invested in this product and its functionality is questionable at best, downright broken to be honest.  

I have to restart the cameras if I want to live view.  The recorded images just sit and spin without streaming the footage.  Either your serious about supporting said products or you need to drop them because I have not dealt with as untrustworthy of product(s) before.  If I hadn't already invested in eight of these and the cloud storage I would have long since cut my losses.  

0 Kudos
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

Cameras still hanging up trying to live view and cloud recordings just sit display image and sit with loading spinning.  Never can view the recorded videos.IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mlwhitt,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Upon confirmation, the appropriate Roku team has been able to replicate the behavior on one of our devices, and the engineers are actively investigating this. We do not have an estimated time for the fix currently.

In the meantime, please try to restart your network router (unplug and replug from the power outlet) to refresh the connection between the devices and see if it does anything.

We appreciate your patience and understand for the time being.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

I have went as far to take them to a completely different location/network.  It made zero difference.   Not a single event will load from the cloud either.  The cloud storage is $100 for files that just sit spinning never loading.  Whatever the issue is, it isn't on this end.   Great suggestions had I not only tried all of them days ago.   The issue is not client side.

0 Kudos
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

Still not a single image will load from the cloud.  Tried different networks, same issue.  Motion gets flagged video gets created and then upon attempt to view regardless of device used, images just sit loading until eventually time out.  Also during this “loading” the app locks up and has to be restarted.

IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0908.jpeg

IMG_0910.jpeg

IMG_0911.jpeg

Cloud saves are useless.  I still also am having to shutdown and restart any camera I want to live view.  Else it just says Connecting Camera (1/3) and just sits there.  In the below example I have restarted this camera a number of times yet it is displaying an image from days ago.  

IMG_0912.jpeg

Below is after I did Camera off and then Camera on.

IMG_0913.jpeg

If you notice from the timestamp on the photo prior to this is shows the 7th. However I have manually restarted that camera no less than five times since then.

0 Kudos
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

Issue is still occurring.  

0 Kudos