Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

Re: 8 cameras suddenly started looking up.

Thank you:

Camera # 1 : 

Log ID: 90136

Log ID: 90137

Log ID: 90138

Log ID: 90139

Log ID: 90140

Log ID: 90141

Log ID: 90142

Log ID: 90143

During the gathering of this information I noticed Camera 5 was frozen.  I had reset them all less than an hour ago so I imagine at least a couple more will lockup shortly.

My temp fix has been to go to each camera and reset via the app on regular basis three or four times a day vs me never having the issue.before.   Most all of the cameras are on a.battery backup system so I know they are getting continuous power.   

One additional not, they only seem to lockup after motion has been detected.

Thank you for your time.

Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

I do know 5 is currently locked up and I will not reset it in case others don't lockup between now and when they look.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Mlwhitt,

Thank you for sharing this information!

We'll take it from here, and we'll forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

Once we have an update available, we'll make sure to get back here and let you know.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CricketPie

With all due respect, nothing he can do is going to make any difference and his cameras will continue freezing just like everyone else who has reported the same issue to Roku for more than a year. Unfortunately, his return period has expired. Fortunately, I can still return my new outdoor camera and will be doing so tomorrow.  It’s a shame Roku’s only advice to their customers is to wait until they have resolved the issue in future updates. Evidently, none of the updates have worked so far.  Perhaps Roku needs to stop selling their cameras until they’ve successfully resolved the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CricketPie,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We regret hearing this, but we will need to gather some details. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

I have cycled the power on each unit.

I have changed to a different I have network segment.

I have tried to bring them up separately one at a time but that failed.
I have double-checked the firmware.
I have tried to power them each off for an extended period of time.

I even took one to a completely new location. And still same response.

Over 30 years of IT experience, trust me I know trouble shooting.  If it was one device I could understand.  This is eight devices of three different types that had worked fine until roughly a week ago that all the sudden has caused each device randomly to lock up.

0 Kudos
Mlwhitt
Streaming Star

As of currently all eight of my cameras are stuck in Connecting to Camera (1/3). The irony is they all are showing the last image they captured, some of them nearly 24 hours ago. They and the subscription fee are just money wasted at this point. I do hope that they are looking into this, or I will be reporting to the Better Business Bureau and also seeing if there is a class action involving this. Hundreds of dollars down the drain if they continue to be unusable.  I am about to revert to my old setup.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @Mlwhitt.

Rest assured that we will update the appropriate Roku team and forward this information.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marklindsay
Channel Surfer

I have two indoor cameras.  The firmware was recently updated on both.  Today one of them went into setup mode.  I've tried to reset it, removing it from the app, etc.  However, it still won't finish reseting the camera.  So far, the other one is still working.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @marklindsay,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Roku cameras. Are you getting any error messages or codes?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos