Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbishop
Channel Surfer

2 of my cameras wont stay online since I subscribed.

Jump to solution

I bought and setup 2 inside cameras and 1 outside floodlight camera. I have 3 ROKU tv devices as well.  The cameras worked perfectly for the first month, this is great! So I bought a subscription for a year. It's like as soon as I paid for the service and they re-enabled the video saving features, the 2 house cameras will not stay online, this is starting to feel like a rip-off deal. The front door camera (which is by far the farthest from the wifi router and must signal thru the additional outside wall) works perfectly. All the TV devices work perfectly. I have gigabit internet from Comcast and I get consistent 960 mbps download speeds wired, 700-800+ mbps wireless in the same room as the router, and about 150-250 mbps, according to my phone at the location of the cameras. I have a Motorola 8702 modem/router that is about 6 months old. Everything I have works fine on this network, even devices that are farther from the router, EXCEPT the 2 cameras, which did work fine until I paid for the subscription after the trial period. I have to recycle power to them daily to get them back online, and no to very little video is being saved. After such great success with my other ROKU devices these 2 cameras are a big let down. The fact that I have paid for a year of service that is not working on 2 of my 3 devices is aggravating.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 2 of my cameras wont stay online since I subscribed.

Jump to solution

Hi @sbishop 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing.

It looks like the issue you are experiencing may be something we may need to investigate further. Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will reach out and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @sbishop 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Cameras.

We would be more than happy to look into the issue further, but we will need more details. Are you seeing an error code when you are experiencing these issues? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide a Log ID when you see these issues occur (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbishop
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

An update, I just stopped by the house at lunch time to reboot my cameras as they were offline of course, now 1 of the cameras is completely dead, it won't power back on at all. Maybe all the rebooting fried it? After 3 ROKU devices I already had for my televisions that have performed great, I am incredibly disappointed with these cameras, and the fact that I've wasted $100 on a subscription is even more aggravating to say the least.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sbishop 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing.

It looks like the issue you are experiencing may be something we may need to investigate further. Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will reach out and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbishop
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku is sending me 2 new cameras, hopefully I am just unlucky and got bad hardware. Will post back once we are up and going again, hopefully.

0 Kudos
jesenia_anaeli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also am having the same issue on multiple outdoor wired cameras. They are online but not recording video with my paid subscription as advertised . It only send image and when I try to send in troubleshoot log to Roku from error screen the screen stays in loading and doesn’t do anything nor submit my troubleshooting log. I don’t understand sometimes I’ll get a video but most of the time it only saves images to the cloud with my paid subscription. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jesenia_anaeli 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Were you able to record videos without any issues when you were on a Roku Smart Home free trial? How far away are these cameras that you are experiencing an issue with from your wireless network?

With more detailed information, we will be more than to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jesenia_anaeli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not far away. And yes it used to be able to record before trial ended on other cameras. But this camera garage and some others still do not record and didn’t get to use free trial because I already had the subscription paid when I activated these. Please help issue. The garage camera is one of my main cameras I get traffic on and need to record. Do I need to remove camera and run the trial so it can expire free trial , I don’t know what I need to do to make this work . Also I noticed on device info it displays it is indoor camera but it is an outdoor camera I purchased and on the bottom sticker of camera it displays outdoor camera as well as the package box displays outdoor camera . I don’t know can u please help me. image1.pngimage0.png

0 Kudos
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wow, resolution after 1 week. They still pretend like I don't exist after months with the same issue.

jesenia_anaeli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have not received a resolution yet. still waiting. i purchased about 800 dollars of roku cameras and roku camera features is not working as advertised yet on my end. i hope my issue gets resolved because i spend alot of money on roku.

0 Kudos