Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku taking money for channels I didn’t even sign up for and I want my money back

I signed up for BET plus and they charged me for 4 other channels I didn’t even sign up for how do I get my money back for them other channels cause that’s not right 

4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku taking money for channels I didn’t even sign up for and I want my money back

Look on your user account site (https://my.roku.com) and check under subscriptions. You want to confirm if it's actually Roku that is billing you. If they are not listed there, then it's not Roku billing you, regardless of what the CC statement says. If it is there, you can cancel the subscription(s) there. Roku does not refund subscriptions made in error. 

If there are no subscriptions listed there, or at least not the ones in question, then you are being scammed by thieves and you need to contest the charges with your bank. It's not Roku billing you, so there's nothing they can do to assist. Thieves are using the Roku name on the bogus bill hoping you just accept the charge and pay it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Alfredo-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku taking money for channels I didn’t even sign up for and I want my money back

Hey @Pebbluz9618

We see you're having issues with unrecognized charges after downloading BET+. Let's look into this immediately!

We'll reach out to you so we can get more information on the issue.

jennifer83

I too am having the same issue and my account has been charged numerous times, as well as my other bank account listed! they are even charging both accounts on the same day for the same exact thing?? is there a way i can talk to someone??

@Alfredo-Roku wrote:

Hey @Pebbluz9618

We see you're having issues with unrecognized charges after downloading BET+. Let's look into this immediately!

We'll reach out to you so we can get more information on the issue.

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @jennifer83,

Being charged for something you don't recognize is no fun at all. We're here to help get to the bottom of this.

We'll be reaching out to you with a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox so we can help further.

0 Kudos