Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaMac
Reel Rookie

Payment issues related to my bank account

I am wondering what is going on, I woke up today with two Roku payments coming out of my account, and what I really want to know is, what am I being charged for?! the only information it says in my bank statement is Roku for D 5.74_V and thatt took $5.74 out of my account than the second one which is the one I am really having trouble figuring out is Roku for V 6.98_V and took $6.89 out of my account, I am just wondering does anyone have any idea what these charges are for? I know it must be TV app related but I dont remember signing up for anything, any information would help! thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Payment issues related to my bank account

It has to give you more information on your banking statement then that. All banks do. It may say “Roku Warner Media”. That would be for HBO Max you signed up on your Roku account. So log into your Roku account. Look under subscriptions. If you don’t see any active subscriptions then the charge isn’t from Roku. Call your back and have them look into a fraud situation. Also if you do have a credit card attached to your Roku account and you do not subscribe to anything through Roku then remove your card. 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @MelissaMac, you can always use our website my.roku.com to check on your active subscriptions after you log in! You will see the option "manage your subscriptions" from the main home page after login that will have your subscriptions listed. As @StreamerSue mentioned you can also check your bank statement and look for a descriptor along the lines of "Roku for" which usually indicates the charge is coming from us. In this case, we will be reaching out to you through private message on the Roku Community to look into these two charges for $5.74 and $6.89 that you are receiving. Please be sure to check the mail icon at the top of your page for a notification that we have sent you a message. 

0 Kudos
MelissaMac
Reel Rookie

That is all it says on my bank statment there is no more information, and I dont have a Roku account, I signed into this site to see if anyon knows what the chargers would be and the account on my Roku TV is in my mothers name, she had it than gave it to me and my credit card information is logged into the TV, but no one is aroundt to add any apps, I am the only know who gets apps, I know I signed up for paramount +, and Discovery but I dont know what those charges would be, espically the V charge. What should I do and if I went to the part on the website where it shows you what you are subscribed too, and it says I am subscribed to nothing, but I am. I am just so confused over this whole situation.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

No confusion that I see. Your mother gave you a Roku TV and you added your credit card to her account. What you should’ve done is created your own Roku account and done a factory reset on the TV. In order to see any charges you would actually have to log into your mothers Roku account since that’s what’s attached to the TV. If you signed up for Paramount+ is $4.99/month and Discovery+ is also $4.99/month. So logged into your mothers Roku account and see what subscriptions there are if any. if there isn’t any then have your bank reverse the charges and claim then fraudulent. Have them issue you a new card. In the future it’s best to subscribe directly to that website and not through Roku. 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @hdusa635, thanks for reaching out about this! We're happy to look into why you're receiving these charges. It sounds like you may have your payment information listed under another account you may be unfamiliar with. Possibly a family member?  To get more information on this we will be reaching out to you through private message here on the Roku Community. You can check your inbox by clicking the mail icon at the top right of your page. If you have any issues locating our message let us know. 

0 Kudos