Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSteel
Binge Watcher

Ordered Product on Roku.com and delivered to another state?

Jump to solution

Well roku.com has done it to me yet once again. I ordered the Roku ultra with the enhanced remote last week. I received and email saying that my order had been confirmed and I would receive another email once my order has been shipped. After a couple of hours I did receive that email with the order details and a link to a tracking number.
I click on the tracking number and it took me to the United states Postal Service website once the page finish loading I noticed that it said my item had been delivered to an address in Pennsylvania however I live in the state of Tennessee. I really wanted the item so I did everything in my power to resolve this situation.

I've spoken to customer support also product support on four different occasions they have absolutely no idea where my package is. And for the most part neither do I. Every time I contacted customer service I was told to wait a couple of hours and they would get back to me now mind you this has happened on four different occasions and still no one has ever contacted me back I always had to contact them. So after being fed up with the back and forth excuses I decided to ask for a refund since I have not received the product that I ordered online.
So here we go again same excuse same explanation well we will get back to you in a couple of hours is what they keep telling me.
They have to understand that this is $109 that I do not have to just give away. =I've read other community post about how Roku has done this to a lot of people in the past and they just let it go with no result well let me tell you I will not go away I'm gonna take this all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary because this is just not right you can't take peoples money and don't deliver the product so let this be a warning to anyone who wants to order a product on a roku.com that you probably will not get the product as this has happened to me on two occasions and this time I'm gonna do something about it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to contact someone about an order that says it's been delivered to another state?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that USPS is re-using tracking numbers and we have raised this issue with USPS. It's important to note that orders are still being delivered to the correct address submitted.

If you still have not received your order after 5 business days, please contact Roku Customer Support and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Ordering Products On Roku.com

Jump to solution

If your address is correct in your Roku order then the responsibility falls on USPS. Not Roku. Have you filled a missing mail claim with USPS? You ordered it through Roku. If your billing address and mailing address you filled out match on your order Ruth the delivery issue falls on USPS. After all they are the delivery people 

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

0 Kudos
RSteel
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You better believe it! It's not the amount of money it's the **bleep** principle I will not let Roku get away with just taking my money and not giving me what I paid for!

Trust and believe the actions I take will be a lot more than 109 bucks. And furthermore it's not my responsibility to contact the post office for anything! I did what I was supposed to do. Which was order the product and pay for it.  

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RSteel  You are not understanding how this works. If your billing address and mailing address are correct on your Roku order form then it’s not Roku’s fault. How could it be? They aren’t a delivery service. You haven’t said if those match up. If they do then YOU need to contact USPS cause it’s there screw up. Not Rokus. It’s like that for any thing that gets delivered by another company. 

0 Kudos
RSteel
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I understand completely. My address and email on file with Roku IS correct.

What you're not understanding is the product has been delivered to an address in Pennsylvania. So you're telling me that I'm the one who has to track down where the package is? That ain't happening! Furthermore You're saying since I haven't received the product that I ordered and PAID for and didn't receive I can't request a refund? Even though it clearly states 30 day money back guarantee?

Dude you're living on another planet! Roku must be paying you to discourage people! Trust me when I say this, Roku will not get away with taking my money for a product I did not Receive.  

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Contact USPS. I sent you a link. The 30 day money back guarantee refers to returning a product your not satisfied with it. USPS lost your Roku. Roku did not loose it. Therefore contact USPS to track down your missing item. 

0 Kudos
RSteel
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Listen dude I'm not contacting the United States Postal Service for anyting it's not my responsibility and it's not my fault okay so I don't know what else to tell you but I do know this I've got like three different courses of action and one of them is already in motion and I'm about to call my credit card company right now and dispute the transaction

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I ordered a $1000 item. It was never delivered but yet the UPS tracking information said it was. I called the company I bought it from. They informed me to reach out to UPS cause they needed proof I did not receive the item. UPS ended up finding the item and I eventually received it. Companies can’t send you a refund unless they have proof you never received it. Or else everyone can say they never received the item when in fact they did. Roku or your credit card company can’t issue you a refund till they have proof you never received the item. That means you need to contact USPS. That’s how it works. Gob said you did everything in your power but yet you never contacted the people who delivered it to the wrong address. Roku did not deliver your item to the wrong address. USPS did

0 Kudos
RSteel
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a service from the Post Office called Informed Delivery. I get emails daily showing me what's coming to my mailbox before it's delivered. I can log in to my Informed delivery account and on the dashboard it shows me the mail and packages that were delivered previously. As well as mail or packages that are coming that day. So I have documented proof  that any and all items that are delivered or will be delivered to my address.

That's why I have no need to contact the post office about a missing package that I paid for. My credit card company says I have the right to dispute any services or goods not received. So It's now in motion. I have forwarded all documentation to my credit card company from both Roku.com order details and also from my Informed Delivery dashboard

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RSteel 

If you want someone from Roku to step in and try to assist, this is a good place to start. I'd suggest reaching out to @RokuDanny-R and seeing what he can so. I'd suggest working directly through him.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos