Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jai302
Reel Rookie

I have been charged for hotstar subscription, but hotstar shows not subscribed..

I have been charged for hotstar subscription, but hostar shows not subscribed. How do I make it right? Hotstar says they do not see any active subscription.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: I have been charged for hotstar subscription, but hotstar shows not subscribed..

Hi @jai302

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, how are you accessing Hotstar? Did you receive an error message when you tried accessing the channel on your Roku device? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jai302
Reel Rookie

Re: I have been charged for hotstar subscription, but hotstar shows not subscribed..

Hi @RokuKariza-D 

I access Hotstar on Roku TV. So, my subscription had expired and when I  clicked on Subscribe, it navigated to Roku pin and once I entered the pin it says subscribed and I got the invoice as well. It is showing in active subscriptions in Roku account. But when I login to Hotstar it says not subscribed and when I click subscribe again, it gives channel store error, we are unable to process your request. When I login to Hotstar on non Roku devices, it shows not subscribed as well. I contacted Hotstar and they say we do not see any active subscription.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@jai302-

I strongly suggest you edit your post (click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner) and remove your email address.

Spammers gather email addresses from public posts on sites such as this and use them both to send out their own spam, and also to sell them to other spammers.

Now as to Hotstar..  Where are you located?  Per https://www.hotstar.com/us:

"Hotstar has been discontinued in the US, but you can enjoy LIVE cricket, your favorite Indian entertainment, & more with The Disney Bundle (Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+)."

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jai302
Reel Rookie

Hi @makaiguy 

I am a Canadian user and it was working fine prior to the subscription end date.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employee @Jeremiah-Roku who follows billing issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos