Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GANFLFAN
Reel Rookie

Re: Game Pass subscription does not work

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue. After activating, it forces me to sign in, but says my NFL subscription user or password are incorrect and to visit NFL.com if I have issues. I go there and sign in fine, and can see the games. But then I come back and attempt to sign in to my Roku account on my TV and it still won't sign in to the NFL App for GAMEPASS. If I click the sign up button, it tells me I have already purchased the channel (?!)

Very frustrating. Please fix this. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@angrygnat 

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Try reinstalling the app, but you need to cancel your Roku Pay-based NFL GamePass subscription first (you'll still have  all the remaining subscription time):

1) Cancel sub:   https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

2) Reinstall NFL app:

A) Remove the NFL app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

B) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

C) Re-install the NFL app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

3) If you want, re-subscribe directly from the NFL next time (to be able to better manage account issues)

0 Kudos
GANFLFAN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did this. Twice. 

It's still not accepting my "email address or password".

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@GANFLFAN 

Unfortunately this is likely an account authentication issue between your Roku Pay-based subscription and the NFL's subscription database/bug in the app - you should report the issue to both Roku and the NFL.

Roku:

Highlight the NFL app/Options (*)/Give us feedback/Could not login or authenticate

chat/email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus    (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

phone:    (816) 272-8106     choose option 1 (Accounts/Billing)

NFL:

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
GANFLFAN
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL Game Pass subscription not working

Jump to solution

Was able to finally get this working. What I did was go to NFL.com and reset my password. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@GANFLFAN 

Thats good feedback - thanks for posting back here so that others may see that solution.

2gspencer

Re: NFL Game Pass malfunctions

Jump to solution

Nfl.com help center is of no use.  there advice was executed and failed many times.  They keep telling me to hit restore purchases but it comes back and tells me there are no purchases to restore.  It works on my PC and my Ipad.  The problem is definately with the NFL app on Roku.

2gspencer

Re: NFL Game Pass malfunctions

Jump to solution

additional information about Gamepass.  It also works fine on my FireStick.  Looks like I will be going back to it from Roku.  They wont resolve my issue.

It has worked fine on Roku in the past.  Just not this year.

0 Kudos
Dadkison

Jump to solution

I signed up for nflgamepasses free 7 day trial using the roku interface and I discovered I was instantly instantly charged 9.99. Now I can't access the service from my TV because it informs me that I need to sign up for the service....crazy. So I see your solution to this is to remove the service and and then reinstall it after canceling the subscription, which seems like a must since removing it using my remote * key option doesn't appear as an option. So, 1. What happened to three trial?, and 2. If I sign up again will I be charged again for the " FREE TRIAL"? Totally triggering much angst. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dadkison

Thanks for the post.

How did you subscribe to the free trial? If you subscribed through the channel provider directly, you'll want to contact NFL Gamepass support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. You can reach them here: https://support.nflgamepass.com/hc/en-gb

However, if you subscribed to the free trial through Roku Pay, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos