Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puppydog

How to cancel Peacock TV billed through Roku

Jump to solution

I want to cancel my Peacock account and it keeps showing up as billed through Roku.  Signed into my Peacock and Roku account and doesn't display as something I can cancel under subscriptions for either.  how do I go about getting this done.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to cancel Peacock TV billed through Roku

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Guga!

It is highly appreciated that you've posted your concern about wanting to cancel your Peacock subscription. No worries! We're here to assist.

Kindly follow the steps below to help you cancel your Peacock subscription:

1. Sign in to your Roku account and go to Subscriptions
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel and select Turn off auto-renew
  3. You can continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle.

To learn more about this, you can refer to our Support article on How to turn off auto-renew and cancel a subscription.

We also have another option to cancel a subscription and this is with the help of our live experts from the Accounts and Billing department team. Kindly visit our Official Support Website and choose the Account, payments & subscriptions category and you'll have the option to talk, chat, or email one of our live representatives. 

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: How to cancel Peacock TV billed through Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @Puppydog

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. You can try cancelling your Peacock subscription directly on your TV screen by following the steps below: 

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Highlight the channel you wish to cancel using the directional pad in the center of your Roku remote.
  3. Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options.
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. A message will appear confirming the duration of continued access, content, and services.
  6. When prompted, select Cancel subscription. Roku will display a message confirming cancellation and your last day of access.
  7. Select Done.

If still no dice, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Other resources that you might find helpful:

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to cancel Peacock TV subscription, billed through Roku

Jump to solution

@Puppydog-

[I was working on this reply when @RokuKariza-D entered hers.  As long as it's already written, I might as well post it.]

If you are subscribed to the channel through Roku:

You should be able to unsubscribe directly from your Roku.  Highlight the channel in the channel grid on your Roku home page and press the * button on your Roku remote.  If you have a subscription to this channel on the Roku account to which this unit is linked you will see a "Manage subscriptions" item in the popup menu, otherwise you'll see a "Remove channel" item.  Click the "Manage subscription" item if you have it, and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from the channel.

Once unsubscribed, the Manage subscriptions option will be replaced by "Remove channel".  You'll still have access to the channel until your pre-paid subscription period expires, so you may not want to remove the channel at this point

If you don't see a "Manage subscriptions" item initially, and if you have more than one Roku, check on your other Roku(s) in case one of them might be linked to a different Roku account which includes the subscription.

If you are NOT subscribed to the channel through Roku:

You will have to unsubscribe with the service through which you subscribed, either directly with that channel on its website, or through the 3rd party service other than Roku through which you subscribed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
TisB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the VERY same issue! Being charged SEPARATELY from my Roku monthly charges for Peacock for MONTHS now & this does NOT show as a subscription in my Roku acct so I can't cancel from there!! The phone # associated with the separate charge IS THE #FOR ROKU!! But you CAN'T EVEN TALK TO ANYONE when the # is called!! 

This is a bunch of 💩!! I want refunded for ALL the months of these charges. Been trying now for months to NO AVAIL!

dandan10

Jump to solution

I figured it out. If you have more than one or two devices in which Roku is on, try to go to the peacock app in each of those devices and click the * button on your remote until you see the "manage subscription" option. It took me so long to figure this out because i couldn't cancel on peacock and couldn't cancel on roku accounts... has to be done through the actual device. total bull**bleep**

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@dandan10, do you perhaps have multiple Roku accounts?  Some people have inadvertently created more than one.  You should be able to manage your subscriptions online, but you must be logged into the correct Roku account.  Check the email address(es) that show under Settings->System->About on all of your devices.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
tikobird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It sounds simple but there is no options category when I press the star on Peacock.  Mine says Move channel, Remove channel, Check for updates, and Give us feedback. You can't cancel your Peacock subscription on Roku. That being said, how can I do it? I tried on the Peacock website and there's no way to do it

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@tikobird, if you get the "Remove channel" option and not "Manage subscription" then you don't have a subscription through Roku - at least not on the Roku account that that device is linked to.  If you have multiple Roku devices then check the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About on each device. 

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ajk80

Jump to solution

THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED IMMEDIATELY OR START SHARING IT ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Ajk80

I hope you're doing well.

If the instructions I provided above didn't work for you, we suggest reaching out to our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos