Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFA

Already have an account through Viki Rakuten, additional fee to stream through Roku?

My wife already has an account through Viki Rakuten.  If she buys a Roku device in order to watch using our tv, does anyone know if there is an additional fee to stream the channel through the Roku, and if so how much?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Already have an account through Viki Rakuten, additional fee to stream through Roku?

@RFA 

Every app I've seen that allows direct subscription also allows that on Roku. I've seen apps that are Roku Pay only, but they don't do direct subscriptions. Every direct subscription service that I've seen that has a Roku app allows the direct subscription credentials to be entered.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

atc98092

Re: Already have an account through Viki Rakuten, additional fee to stream through Roku?

I looked on the Viki.com support site, and I noticed something you should know. Their channel on Roku devices are only available in certain countries. Make sure you're in a supported location before you spend money on a Roku if this is your specific purpose for it. Since they mention it's partially due to Roku billing procedures, it's possible they only support Roku devices if the account is billed through Roku. I agree with @DBDukes that every channel I've ever seen that has direct subscriptions could be logged into using those credentials. But there's always a first time. The Viki information page in the Roku channel store doesn't provide any detail about subscription requirements. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
williebrantley5
Channel Surfer

Why have I been charged twice for $16.25 for one month of service

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@williebrantley5 

FIrst, go to https://my.roku.com and log in. Then go to the Manage your subscriptions page. How many subscriptions do you see there?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @williebrantley5, have you been able to log in and take a look at your subscriptions?

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need further assistance. We're here to help!

0 Kudos
williebrantley5
Channel Surfer

I do not have a account with this person don't even know who it is I don't check that nobody take Monday off so I'll call her. I have not subscribed Bronco took the money off my card I want it back to you on my car within 2 business days I did not authorize Vicky whatever her name is or nobody else to take money off my card

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@williebrantley5 

If you followed the instructions provided to you a week ago, and there is no subscription listed on your Roku account Subscriptions page, then it is a fraud situation and you should contact your bank.

What has likely happened is that your card was compromised and a scammer obtained the information and submitted a charge. And, since thieves will also lie, they submitted false information in the description of the charge, listing the Viki Rakuten service via Roku.

It is common for scammers to list false information in the description of charges they submit. It's common for them to list Roku, Disney, HBO, Warner, Hulu, and other companies. The idea is that people with pursue the wrong path when running these down. What you should do is file a fraud report with your bank about the charge. That will likely cause a new card to be issued, but it will stop the fraudulent charges.

Also, work with @Natan-Roku and others from Roku about this.

DBDukes

0 Kudos